Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can make more money, buy more bikes, but cant buy more time to ride.

did you do anything cool this summer with your time? on/off the bike?

i started mtb coaching this summer and had a blast bringing a group of 7/8year olds up to speed.

drug my family and a plus 1 up a mountain and rode down a 18km trail and 1000m drop.

drove the family cross country to a wedding

drove cross country to make an unexpected appearance at my moms 75th birthday party.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,399 Posts
  • Rode a double century last weekend for BikeMS. Our cycling team raised a little under $50k for the MS Society.
  • 1 week mtb trip to the rockies with my wife.
  • Regularly visited my parents (in their late 70's) and my Uncle/Aunt (in their late 80's)--all of whom live a few hundred miles away.
  • 10 day trip to a remote cabin in a national forest with access to 100's of miles of legal single track, gravel roads, and no wifi/cell service (yay!).
  • Outdoor odometer for the year is around 4k mi (combo of mtb, gravel, and a little road miles).
  • Indoor odometer (Zwift) is at 2.5K. That's ramping back up due to dwindling daylight and weather.
  • Attended a few races.
  • Volunteered at a trail maintenance day in June; planning to attend another in 3 weeks.
  • Cleaned out my spare/used parts collection for donation to the local NICA mtb team.
  • Attended 2 weddings already and have a 3rd at the end of Sept.
  • Took my dogs on regular walks.
  • Got a new(er) SUV.
  • Drank a bunch of new beers via a beer exchange with my buddies throughout the U.S. Never knew how enjoyable stouts can be!
  • Got a promotion.
  • Still lots of 2021 left...fall is my favorite season. :)

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
A lot of multi day trips surfing, off roading in the Jeep, multiple trips to the Sierra, Sedona area, J Tree and wandering the desert in general. Last year was all international travel. It's still summer here and plenty of riding days until the snow falls...then it's snowboard time.

ETA A lot of wrenching on the Jeep but it was all maintenance since the 04 Rubi is hitting 85k. Everything. Front to back.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
462 Posts
can make more money, buy more bikes, but cant buy more time to ride.
Well, you kinda can if you define it narrowly. If you pay someone to paint your fence instead of doing it yourself then go riding, you've essentially bought more time to ride.

If you retire (thereby giving up your day-job income) you've bought a lot more time to ride. Hopefully you can still afford a bike.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,957 Posts
Well, you kinda can if you define it narrowly. If you pay someone to paint your fence instead of doing it yourself then go riding, you've essentially bought more time to ride.

If you retire (thereby giving up your day-job income) you've bought a lot more time to ride. Hopefully you can still afford a bike.
Or if you go on mtb trips while it is off-season for your location, like down to AZ in the winter, etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.