Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New thread.

Post up a couple favorite pictures of you riding a bike (or in the process of disembarking a bicycle).

Doesn't matter if you are riding XC, DH, FR, AM or whatever silly way we try to fracture the cycling community. You can be riding clipless, flats, toeclips, powergrips, 29er, 26er, 69er, 650, baggies, spandex, number plate, rigid, FS, singlespeed, 2x10, 3x8, internally geared, it's all good. Hell, if it's a cool picture, road bikes, cyclocross, commuting pictures are welcome as I'm sure the majority of people here are cyclists

There are two rules to this thread as supreme overlord.

1) You must be enjoying YOUR ride in the picture. Only you can judge that.

2) All posters in this thread shall be free of persecution, no judgment shall be passed on any of the above conditions or anything else you can think of.

Riding around Laurel Summit state park in Pennsylvania. I'm in there, trying to navigate my way down this tight chute.

Riding in Wrandees on the outskirts of Halifax. Picture was from a disposable, sorry about the quality. I'm not sure what it is about this photo, I just like it.

Transrockies. Coming down a skree slope above Panorama. Holding on for life trying not to end up in the valley below.

Can't help but post a couple more TR pictures, great scenery, professional photographers. Descending the rock garden heading into Elkford.

Leading out the (a?) pack climbing up the Fairmont Hot Springs ski hill (if memory serves correctly)

Winter riding, Shorts Hills PP

Descending the continental divide into Alberta from BC

·
That's not a W
457 Posts
Like this thread already. I especially like the Pennsylvania shot.

The Wrandees is where I learned to mountain bike. Love it!

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Buckwallow O-Cup, 2010, best picture I've ever seen of myself on a bike:

I've whored this one out before, but it is my absolute favourite:

And I promise I'm actually having fun in both these shots. :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of my fondest memories as a child (and even more recently in life) is of riding a snowmobile through the remote Northern Ontario back country. The fresh air, gentle snow falling and carved trail through the natural contours of the land. To do that all again, without the sound and smell of a 2-stroke engine would be great.

Man, I could really see myself doing a self supported 3-4 day ride on a fatty. I just wish it was logistically a little more feasible (days off in the winter and a fat bike), but might be worth investing the effort to get done.

BTW, love that picture.

BlackCanoeDog said:

·
Registered
265 Posts
garage monster said:

That's a great pic!!! I love how it captured Veteran Youth behind you with the "must catch Garage Monster gritted teeth of determination face"! :thumbsup:

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Louda said:
That's a great pic!!! I love how it captured Veteran Youth behind you with the "must catch Garage Monster gritted teeth of determination face"! :thumbsup:
That's not actually VY (he'd already passed me at this point), it's John Fisher (Emily's dad) chasing down Oggie! :D

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
I think this was my second proper race ever. I was so embarrassed when this pic was taken, but I kinda love it now.
I totally stole this from Dave Unrau (though I don't feel too bad, since he promised at the time not to post it on the web and it turned up on mtbr the very next day).

btw, I love this thread!

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
this is an awesome pic. Look at that emotion on your face. Like OH $HIT, who put that log there...

This thread will be the thread of the year. I hope gnomes don't spoil it...

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
osokolo said:
this is an awesome pic. Look at that emotion on your face. Like OH $HIT, who put that log there...
There's another attaboy for anyone who can guess where that picture was taken (hint: Jouko is disqualified from this contest). :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
garage monster said:

This is an excellent pic. :thumbsup:

Nerdgirl said:
I think this was my second proper race ever. I was so embarrassed when this pic was taken, but I kinda love it now.
I totally stole this from Dave Unrau (though I don't feel too bad, since he promised at the time not to post it on the web and it turned up on mtbr the very next day).

btw, I love this thread!
And so is this. Captures the moment perfectly and is particularly cool because we've all been there. :D

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
ah yes..

that O-Cup was one of the most enjoyable events... Good weather, great course as usual, great crowd...

I closed down on GM on the double track and he graciously slowed down to let me by just before the singletrack section - which was the most fun section of the course... We blasted through it loudly enjoying it, despite lactic acid build up by that point....

Johnny Fisher just blew by us, like it was no one's business...

Great pic...

garage monster said:
That's not actually VY (he'd already passed me at this point), it's John Fisher (Emily's dad) chasing down Oggie! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nerdgirl said:

btw, I love this thread!

Hey well at least you are spotting your landing!

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
i only have one actual picture of me on a bike because i'm usually solo and it's just about the shittiest quality you can get, but nonetheless, it qualifies.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts