Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas!

I just joined the site, but have been browsing posts and threads for about a month now...i must say there is always interesting things to keep me busy!

So, this upcoming week my friend and I are heading from LA, CA up to Yosemite to hike and bike for a few days. I was extremely interested in setting up a day just to bike some of Yosemite as they have one of the most amazing views in Cali. I have a few trails that I mapped out on the way to NorCal (around santa cruz) but was really wondering if there are any backbone trails around yosemite?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
OP is probably 'suffering' from the Tehachapi-Complex...
Anything north of the Tehachapi's is "northern california"

Common condition, easily corrected ;)

·
heaven help me
2,900 Posts
God this thread took a ***** in a hurry. :confused:

Go to the other half of Yosemite. Take evergreen road to Camp Mather, park near the Evergreen Lodge, and head up some of the USFS roads. We have explored lots of fun area's. Not sure if we entered the park, so I'm not going to say that we were poaching, but there are some pretty places to explore. Go into the lodge, sit at the bar, and check out the painting of the Hetch Hetchy valley before it was dammed. Go down to the dam and see why Muir was so upset about it.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Jefferson State is what your looking for. The last Jefferson state was proposed in 1941, taking up land between far northern california and southern oregon. There were two other proposed Jefferson states in the 1800s. The most recent one had chance of reality but a suprise attack on Pearl Harbor thwarted it.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
OP is probably 'suffering' from the Tehachapi-Complex...
Anything north of the Tehachapi's is "northern california"

Common condition, easily corrected ;)
It's a confusing thing to live in San Luis Obispo County. There are a bunch of cars with both SoCal and NorCal stickers on them. Technically speaking, we're Southern California. Plenty of people carry the mentality that we're Northern California and they seem to carry it well. Other people act like SoCal enthusiasts. We have SoCal styled geography and we have Redwoods when you get into the Northern part of the county. Yosemite definitely appears to be in the Southern section of California, but when I think of Santa Cruz, I associate it with Northern California because of the forest riding.

·
rider
217 Posts
uhh, no

Norcal roughly cut's over at the 'elbow' of Cali - we barely claim Sac. and give 'Frisco a pass (even tho they are BA) just for the $.

Think Mendicino and above - That's 'Northern Ca.' -
maybe true, but that would mean nor cal would have about 1/100th the population of so cal, so the practical boundry is somewhere a little ways north of Cal Poly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.