Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didnt think they were out yet, but it guess i was wrong. go-ride has them, and they're priced pretty friggen good too at 399. check it out, maybe this has been posted before but i dunno, just thought id share.dhx here

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
konabiker said:
i didnt think they were out yet, but it guess i was wrong. go-ride has them, and they're priced pretty friggen good too at 399. check it out, maybe this has been posted before but i dunno, just thought id share.dhx here
Im gonna pull a zedro here for a bit...

Attachments

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
konabiker said:
site says they have them instock, thats why i posted it.
Yep, they became available last week. Should be an incredible shock. Hearing from some of the biggest shock gurus in the industry that it absolutely blows away the Romic, and 5th. Hmmm, can't wait to try it and see.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
tony u really suck with paint man...id be quite ashamed of that rather poor effort...

i had much the same idea but now uve done it and done it so badly ive rethought my actions...

shame on u...u lil virgin... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
962 Posts
damn

At the risk of sounding like a moron......That is one sexy shock.....

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Sorry about that konabiker, just had to be a smartass.;);)

jncarpenter that looks sweet!!! Get some performance reviews or build pics up soon.:D

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jncarpenter said:
......ummm, actually received mine yesterday from Go-Ride!!!!

sweeeet. anyone wanna buy a almost brand new fox rc with propedal?:p

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
The word in the trails of L.A.......Get an old Fox shock and send it too Darren at Push Industries. Give him your weight, riding ability and style of riding and he will completely rebuild it for around $160.00. That is why fox has did all the new stuff to their shocks.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
That is why fox has did all the new stuff to their shocks.
it wasent in response to Darren, this shock has been in development for awhile. Push will have a shock program for the DHX as well. The DHX has more features than the Pushed RC, such as position sensitivity, so a level above really.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
matt said:
this is to everyone, how do you think that shock would match up against an avalanche?
well unlike the Avalanche, the DHX is supposed to have position sensitive damping (analogous to the 5th), and should be much lighter. I believe the rebound control might be (theoretically) better on the DHX since it uses shims on the rebound side as well, where i think the Avy uses the common bleed setup the old RC uses.

Avalanche is supposed to be the king of durabilty, but of course we dont know how the Fox will hold up now do we....

i'm really contemplating ordering one....

·
bored
168 Posts
If I needed a new shock, I would definitely buy one. I love my 5th Element, but I really wish that the bottom-out control and the pedaling platform were adjustable via knobs, a la DHX. By the way, what is the purpose of the air valve on the end of the DHX's reservoir?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Tully said:
By the way, what is the purpose of the air valve on the end of the DHX's reservoir?
RIDE HEIGHT AND BOTTOM OUT
Adding or subtracting air pressure via a Schrader air valve on the end of the reservoir tunes the ride height of the shock and sets the average bottoming resistance for an individual rider's weight and aggressiveness.

Full article on the features here Fox DHX Article

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.