Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm also curious if there is a Magicshine comparable to the bt40s and if you would recommend it over the bt40s as well.

The Yinding is roughly the same price and lumens as compared to the MS.

Discuss :thumbsup:

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Actually the Yinding has more lumens. Not by much but it does.

Personally I'd buy a Yinding over an 808.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Magicshine MJ872 is about the closest to the BT40S. I couldn't recommend one over the other though. I would not own either, they are too floody for my preference.
Thanks and you bring up a good point. I need to look at beam shots before I order. I ride super narrow hiking trails most of the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the Yinding has more lumens. Not by much but it does.

Personally I'd buy a Yinding over an 808.

That's what I've gathered from basically everyone, but I'm not sure why. Is it the beam pattern, throw, or something I'm unaware of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Beam pattern abilities (can fit optics from multiple sources) are far greater. 808 is basically a larger head flashlight without the batteries behind it. So limited beam pattern not to mention its size (and only 800-900 lumens max). Yinding is 1200ish with a smaller and lower profile.

If you want max throw on a small "dot" of light the 808 fits the bill. If you want something more useable, then Yinding.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the explanation Tigris. I assumed it was the beam pattern because my p7 808 wasted a lot of light. There's the newer Magicshine mj 858, which replaced the 808 xml-2, and it is roughly the same price too. It hasn't gotten much love here so I'm assuming it's beam is limited as well.

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Its on an optic though unknown if it's user changeable. Just that single emitter units aren't that popular because if you think about it the Chinese ones on Amazon have about the same output, still cool white, and cost less. Not bad lights though seems even Jim agrees, they are going the way of the cheap stuff in some aspects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts