Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Your Best Friend
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently he went over while trying to clean the crack at the choke point on the last bit out to the point. That's from facebook so not confirmed but really sad.
It's all speculation at best as nobody was with him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,136 Posts
I was almost that guy 20 years ago. I stuffed my wheel into the crack (stupidly) riding back from the lookout. Luckily I endo-Ed straight forward, another dude caught my bike with one hand while it was falling over the side. Luckily it was a really light Moots!
Scared the sh¡t outta me, I never rode out to the point again.
Dumb and cocky, lesson learned.
Vibes to the dude’s family.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I was almost that guy 20 years ago. I stuffed my wheel into the crack (stupidly) riding back from the lookout. Luckily I endo-Ed straight forward, another dude caught my bike with one hand while it was falling over the side. Luckily it was a really light Moots!
Scared the sh¡t outta me, I never rode out to the point again.
Dumb and cocky, lesson learned.
Vibes to the dude’s family.
Like this?

·
Your Best Friend
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like this?
I stop with my clients at that exact spot and show them that video from the cameras perspective. Puts it in a whole new light. At any other spot along the trail, we could and would do that feature. But...at that point, the consequences for failure are epic and total.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If it wasn't the spot in the video, is it at the other big viewpoint (dead end) to the West? We rode it in March and I'm trying to figure out where based on the description.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I stop with my clients at that exact spot and show them that video from the cameras perspective. Puts it in a whole new light. At any other spot along the trail, we could and would do that feature. But...at that point, the consequences for failure are epic and total.

I have a severe fear of heights and wouldn't go within 20 feet of that cliff. If not even more...

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I've hopped that crack on Amasa but a little little further in from the edge. I'm not sure what the heck that guy was thinking.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk

·
Your Best Friend
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've hopped that crack on Amasa but a little little further in from the edge. I'm not sure what the heck that guy was thinking.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
None of this took place in Moab.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts