Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy in another thread complained the geometry of his 2000 FSR Pro made him prone to endos, i.e. steep tube angle and short TT. I just bought a 2004 which is still in the shop. They put disc brakes on it. I went with the medium for maneuverability but should I maybe go with the large instead (if they still have it) for stability? I rode both but my mind was set on smaller bike. Yeah stupid I know.

how pizzed off would the LBS be about switching brakes to the other bike? Not that I care of course... :eek:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I don't think it's anymore endo-prone than any other bike. Maybe he had the rear shock pressurized too high? Too much rebound? Doesn't un-weight the front enough over technical stuff? Too many variables to determine.
I have an 02 Enduro Pro and love it. Good choice going with the disc brakes but I thought all Enduros came with them as OE. :confused:

Good luck, you'll love it.
Lou.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I had a '99 FSR Pro... and I have no idea where this guy is getting these endos from... I had a Medium frame w/ the stock Float R for a while, and even after I upgraded to a Float RC I had no problems. What front shock travel was he running? Too much travel and too many endos is how I see it.. Thousands of these bikes have been ridden, and there are always a few that just don't agree with the bike. The '04 will treat you well, as long as you get the correct framesize.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
"Guy in another thread complained the geometry of his 2000 FSR Pro made him prone to endos" ..yeah, that and he probably kept his center of gravity over the front wheel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.