Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our yeti SB5.5 cracked while doing some drops on our local trail. A simple guy knows how a crashed bike looks like with all full of scratches. Yeti keeps telling our local bikeshop that this will be on crash warranty with toooo many BS! They want us to pay and this company wants to save money obviously! we have 6 witnesses on how this frame cracked while riding on the last short drop of our trail. The frame is flawless and smoother than how yeti deals with warranty.

I've been reading on forums worldwide that yeti warranty is one of the worst. I tried to email directly and push yeti for replacement and got not reply for 4 days already. All of our friends and other local riders are waiting on how the warranty on this frame will be handled. We just want to get what we deserve.

Devinci, transition and santacruz best so far! Save your money for future headaches!

UPDATE:
10 days today still got no reply on my direct email even I did chat with them on the website to check my concern and was promised to get a reply asap. Still nothing

Our regional distributor coordinated with Yeti HQ again to ask for consideration/help with the warranty claim. It was thru call they said.. Now warranty is approved, no idea if they saw this post. Thanks to all! Still a pain in the ass!!

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel
Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle Beverage can
Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle Infrastructure

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
That's a bummer for everyone involved. I don't have the eye or knowledge to offer an opinion on the crack, but still a huge disappointment when an expensive frame is damaged.

Is that a Coke sticker on the shock?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Ouch. I've ridden and pedaled Yeti's through the years and have longed to own one... but I've heard too much bad press on them - true or not, can't say, but for the price you are paying... You just don't hear this sort of thing about Pivot or SC.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Ouch. I've ridden and pedaled Yeti's through the years and have longed to own one... but I've heard too much bad press on them - true or not, can't say, but for the price you are paying... You just don't hear this sort of thing about Pivot or SC.
There was just a post the other day about a Pivot. Carbon is the biggest scam out there.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
all carbon bikes will break at some point, I particularly think that my yeti survived more than I thought it would! better than I did :)

in the end it is how the warranty is handled that matters, what I see happening with Yeti is too much inconsistency. I'm not sure if that depends on the relationship the shop has with yeti or what... but some people get free replacement frames immediately almost no questions asked others have their warranty denied without any apparent reason...

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,843 Posts
Not the 1st tt break I've seen on a Yeti.

Their bikes are priced very high with no justification as to quality. I can't believe anyone buys Yeti bikes tbh.

That break is not from impact and they need to warranty it. I'd go to small claims court over it.

Of course, your coke sticker mod might be the culprit... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes its from the drop we had some national colombian riders and american riders who were present during the ride, even our fellow riders are willing to do statements. If it happened during crash where are the scratches? Yetis are prone to crack more than any other brand as you can see here in the forums. Now I am not surprised!

The coke might be the culprit x.x haha oh well yeti

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,212 Posts
Yes its from the drop we had some national colombian riders and american riders who were present during the ride, even our fellow riders are willing to do statements. If it happened during crash where are the scratches?
An over-stress event wouldn't leave impact scars if it wasn't attributed to impact damage.

An over-stress event could be due to a legitimate over-stress. It could also be an under-stress event coupled with a flawed carbon layup or under-designed structure.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Are you using a bike rack holding the bike by the top tube? There are some marks below the crack in the second pic.....maybe the crack was caused by too much pressure on the top tube if you were holding the bike by the top tube...?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have no way of knowing how this breakage happened, but I have been a very loyal Yeti owner and bought three carbon YETI's in a row without a breakage. However, today I would think twice before buying another one. The reason is not that I think they break too easily, because mine have not, but how Yeti responds to these issues is highly questionable.

These are some of the most expensive frames in the market and Yeti has one of the most loyal followings at those prices. Yet, Yeti does not seem to care much about treating those owners correctly. If I am going to spend close to $4k on a frame or $7-8k on a bike, I expect Yeti to bend over backwards to make me happy, especially if that frame breaks without apparent fault. Other brands do that, why not Yeti?

This really bothers me, because I know how much Yeti owners love their bikes and the brand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I emailed them on Monday last week as owner seeking for replacement warranty, still got no reply wow! They really want our local bike shop to pay for the front triangle. They really want to save money even with the huge profit they get from the super expensive price! I can't believe how bad the customer service of this brand is with the super expensive prices they got.

The problem is we spent so much money on a yeti frame thinking we're going to have a beautiful experience with the bike and after-sales. I've had devinci transition santacruz and mondraker, all no-BS aftersales support!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I hope in your dealings you are not displaying this attitude and anger early in the process both with Yeti and your LBS-----certainly will not encourage anyone to go out of their way to help you and may actually get folks to tune you out.
Yeti from these forums appears to have some issues they must be struggling with and you may have a real case but often the approach is important.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes we've been really calm with claiming warranty and i'm really good friends with our LBS he tried his best to help us but with no luck, he doesnt own yeti he's just a seller under yeti. My email to yeti was also very nice, and 7+ days after still no reply. I'm posting this to warn everyone about how hard the yeti after-sales support is. It's all over the forums too, im not the only one. I'm one of many against yeti after sales support.
Sometimes price does not guarantee beautiful after-life.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.