Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
better: they have good customer service etc., make good quality bikes e.g strong,durable.
nicest: out of the whole range, overall which makes the bettter looking bikes
best:eek:verall, the nicest looking,the best quality,the best out when riding

basically out of the whole range as they make similar sort of bikes and have a big range. there might be some models that aren't as good but looking at the whole range

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'm not sure you're going to get much help. Your qualifications are still pretty subjective. Which models are you looking at? What is your intended use? Do you have dealers for both brands nearby?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Your criteria isn't really quantifiable. For the record, I own a Yeti 575 and it is pretty nice to me. It tells me I'm special everyday and brings me breakfast in bed, so it's pretty nice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Both are excellent bike manufacturers with what seem to be very loyal followings, I don't imagine you can go wrong either way. That said, narrow down exactly what you want to be doing (XC? Downhill? Riding to work?) and then compare the specific models from each company that are in your price range and suit your needs...that will get you much farther than trying to compare the entire brands to each other.

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
pop_martian said:
Your criteria isn't really quantifiable. For the record, I own a Yeti 575 and it is pretty nice to me. It tells me I'm special everyday and brings me breakfast in bed, so it's pretty nice.
Yeah well my Santa Cruz Heckler opens beers for me.

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
jay12 said:
sorry for being bit vaigue:blush:
Please install Firefox and use the spell check plugin.

Other than that, both brands are fine. I'd have thought that the main differentiator for a UK-based rider would be whether you're willing to deal with more complex suspension and more bearings to maintain (SC) through UK winters.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
This thread is useless.

The best bike is what you recently bought... and you'll defend it to death (to justify your purchase). I have ridden most/all of the Yeti/SC Bikes... They're all good for that one purpose you want.

I have 2 Nomads, a SC Blur & a VPFree. All are great! But the new Yeti 7 and 575's are pretty hot too! I only own 1 Yeti, which was built up yesterday... its rides extremely well.

As for customer service? I have more experience with Santa Cruz, and they've treated me well. As for the Yeti customer service, hands down I'm biased towards Yeti. I know the owner and several other employees... occasionally I'll see them for lunches or cheap sushi happy hours... or perhaps out on the trails during lunch rides. They got our back on helping with trail advocacy and show up to said meetings.

The best bike is the one you love. If you're trying to figure out 'what to buy', go out and ride them all, pick the one that fits you best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.