Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FAT CHANCE!
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone out there has ridden and compared any or all of these bikes:

Yeti ASR-SL

Turner Burner

Titus Racer X

Can you give some of the pros and cons of each (ride up and down, handling, weight, durability)?

Thanks

·
FAT CHANCE!
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update ride

roy harley said:
I was just wondering if anyone out there has ridden and compared any or all of these bikes:

Yeti ASR-SL

Turner Burner

Titus Racer X

Can you give some of the pros and cons of each (ride up and down, handling, weight, durability)?

Thanks
Well I went on a test ride this morning on a ASR-sl and found it rather disappointing! Climbing was good but the decent was not as plush as I was wishing for. I think I am going to a Titus or a Turner at this point.

·
Registered
612 Posts
roy harley said:
Well I went on a test ride this morning on a ASR-sl and found it rather disappointing! Climbing was good but the decent was not as plush as I was wishing for. I think I am going to a Titus or a Turner at this point.
If you want plusher, maybe you should try a 575?

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
asr and a better decending bike

The asr decending is on the harsh side (compared to say, a burner) but the major difference between it and other designs is that a burner relies more on suspension on decents for stability and the asr more on frame geometries, top tube lengths for stability on decents.

It seems to me that ASR suspension isn't made to point and shoot downhill (like a 575, 5 spot, or loco), but made for more skilled xc riding. You may find that to be true with the racer x and less so with a burner.

ASR is the best climbing full suspender period.

Also, what kind of rear setup were you running on the asr? Just wondering if it was set up correctly for your weight?

·
FAT CHANCE!
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bonkey said:
The asr decending is on the harsh side (compared to say, a burner) but the major difference between it and other designs is that a burner relies more on suspension on decents for stability and the asr more on frame geometries, top tube lengths for stability on decents.

It seems to me that ASR suspension isn't made to point and shoot downhill (like a 575, 5 spot, or loco), but made for more skilled xc riding. You may find that to be true with the racer x and less so with a burner.

ASR is the best climbing full suspender period.

Also, what kind of rear setup were you running on the asr? Just wondering if it was set up correctly for your weight?
It was a 5th element and I think it was set up for a lighter rider cause it didn't feel very stable like it was too soft for me (175lbs). Just a little back ground. I have rode Hard tails for the last 14 years for training, racing, etc..... My main ride during that time was a Fat Chance "yo Eddy" ( I have heard the racer X geometry is based off of that frame). I would like a FS XC bike that is light and durable. I would really like to test ride at least two of these bikes at the same time, (with proper set up of the shock) not just one here and one at this other place to be able to compare the characteristics of each bike to one another while it is still fresh in my mind. I plan to keep on XC riding and not really dropping off of anything so travel is not a big deal, more of the comfort factor with the FS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts