Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone if the plus version of the 2017 SB5 can take 2.4’s? I thought I read on a thread it could only be set up as a plus bike (not sure if that’s correct though)?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the issue would be bottom bracket height. It may be too low (ie, lots of pedal strikes). But if you're not going to run plus tires why not go with the 5?
You might also post this question on the SB5+ thread in the Yeti forum to see if anyone has tried 2.4's

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I really don't understand how these questions come up all the time. 27.5+ tires were basically invented to allow people to choose between conventional width mountain bike tires and plus tires by changing rim sizes. If you want to run 2.4s, change your rims to 29".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ran 27.5 with 2.35 tires on my SB5+ when I first bought the Frame and the pedal strikes were really bad. Bought some DT Swiss 521 wheels and put some Maxis 2.8 tires on it and had reduced pedal strikes drastically. Agree if you want 2.4 tires go with 29 wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.