Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ,

I am thinking of getting an Yeti SB5 with the xo build and I am curious how the suspension and handling will differ from my Giant Anthem Advanced 0 ? I really want a bike that I can do everything on from long endurance races to some easy downhill . I love the fact that the Yeti SB5 is only 3 LBS heavier than my Giant . I test rode a Santa Cruz Bronson that weighed in at 32 LBS , love the bike but it felt sluggish to me because of the weight difference .
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated !!

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Only input I have is that the 5 and 6 are likely to be the next bikes to be changed, so could be significant price drop to clear them out if you can wait a couple of months. I have zero info on what's coming, but new 29ers were released last September/October 2018 so maybe the 27.5 will follow this year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
SB5 was probably the best trail bike around when it came out. Probably my favorite bike for a couple of years. It can handle light downhill easily. It pedals really well and the handling was really on point. I felt really comfortable on that bike from day one.

I'm not sure it's the best option if you are doing endurance races though. 29r tires just make a big difference in those races. The SB5 pedals well enough to do it for sure, but it's definitely more trail oriented. Lots of shorter travel 29rs out now if you are looking for something a little more suited to the endurance side of things that can also handle some good downhill. If you looking for a good trail bike that won't kill you on a endurance ride then the SB5 could work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tanks everyone for your responses !! I am very stoked to have gotten my 2019 sb5 as I understand when the new one comes out it will actually have more travel and I am really happy with the 150mm . I cant wait to see what this bike is capable of in the near future !! And I almost forgot to add that with pedals the bike comes in at 27.1 lbs !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.