Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1228 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I left the tribe after I sold my SB66. I rolled around out in the wilderness on a v2 Bronson, a Slash 9.8, a Pedalhead, a Chameleon, but I’m back on a Yeti. Grabbed my C2 SB150 on Tuesday....feels real nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone

I’m looking to install a Bearing Kit on the Fox X2 on my SB150.

Have the feeling this must have been discussed before, but I can’t find anything specific on the endless MTB forums’ threads.

Does anyone have a RWC Needle Bearing Kit installed on the top eyelet of the shock of a SB150? If yes, is it worth upgrading to?

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
19 Posts
I left the tribe after I sold my SB66. I rolled around out in the wilderness on a v2 Bronson, a Slash 9.8, a Pedalhead, a Chameleon, but I’m back on a Yeti. Grabbed my C2 SB150 on Tuesday....feels real nice.

What do you think of the 150 compared to the Bronson v2? Am looking at making the same switch or going with the 140.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What do you think of the 150 compared to the Bronson v2? Am looking at making the same switch or going with the 140.

Mmmm.....the SB150 is unforgiving in the race bike sense of “unforgiving”. Like all of the reviews say you have to be on it. The SB150 doesn’t reward chill. I felt that today on my first crack at my local rowdy spot. I wasn’t slow, but I didn’t always feel in control. My 2017 Slash 9.8 was the ****. I do miss that bike, but I suspect I’ll unlock the SB 150 in another few rides.....it does climb better than my old Slash.

If I didn’t have a bike Park in my back yard I would have bought the SB130.

The V2 Bronson was special....the new one kinda sucks.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Hey everyone

Does anyone have a RWC Needle Bearing Kit installed on the top eyelet of the shock of a SB150? If yes, is it worth upgrading to?

Thanks,
Max
Don't bother... the RWC kits are great for shock eyelets that see a lot of rotation like with the top eyelets of bikes with vertically mounted rear shocks. The relatively straight push thru of Yeti's rear triangle to the rear shock makes that a moot point and your best bet is to stick with the Fox Igus OEM bushings from my experience as they work well, are cheap, and last a long time.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense as some of those bikes with vertically mounted shocks have around 20degrees of rotation, but I thought it would be beneficial anyway as the SB150 has about 7degrees of rotation on the top eyelet, which is not nearly as much but still something. If I could, I’d definitely install a spherical bearing...

Max

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense as some of those bikes with vertically mounted shocks have around 20degrees of rotation, but I thought it would be beneficial anyway as the SB150 has about 7degrees of rotation on the top eyelet, which is not nearly as much but still something. If I could, I’d definitely install a spherical bearing...

Max
Hi, do you know which product of RWC fit the SB150, I'm also interested in it but I have no idea about the mounting size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, do you know which product of RWC fit the SB150, I'm also interested in it but I have no idea about the mounting size.
Hey
The shock mount should be around 36mm wide, but I was recommended to measure my frame specifically. I’d advise you to do the same and double check the mount spacing on your frame.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also do not see how the SB150 would measurably benefit from a front eyelet needle bearing. You'd be better off holding off that money and putting it into suspension upgrades down the road. There's so little front eyelet rotation. Just use a fox eyelet hardwear, or something expensive like PUSH bushings with little wear I could sell you cheap.

Also even though Yeti Manual states it uses 36x8mm for the front shock mount, they really use 35.6x8mm which is a more standard size. I have confirmed this with Yeti in a website chat. They said for the manual they rounded up. This is what I have been using for a year or two as well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just picked up a sb150. Really digging the ride. Question and I’m sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone come up with a clever switch infinity cover or protector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just picked up a sb150. Really digging the ride. Question and I’m sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone come up with a clever switch infinity cover or protector?

I made a mudguard from a piece of plastic… I was inspired by a comment from NSMB SB150 review. Look for the photos posted by Cam McRae (April 5, 2019, 11:25 p.m.):

https://nsmb.com/articles/2019-yeti-sb-150-reviewed/

Hope this helps and have fun on your SB150, it's an awesome bike.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Awesome thanks for the link. I've made a bunch of mudguards similar to that for other brand bikes so I guess that'll have to do. I was thinkingof something specific to the switch infinity area but similar to what's being mentioned in the comments, marketing seem to have won over engineering.... what a shame.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm the second owner of this beast so I've had it for a little bit but I decided to "zero time" everything by tearing it down and rebuilding it back up to make sure it's good to go for the winter season. I'm kind of OCD about maintenance but I also like to line up my bearing swap to once a year after the truly nasty winter season of the PNW.

2020 Yeti SB150 w/ Cascade Link
Fox X2 Performance
Lyrik RC2 w/ Vorsprung Smashpot (i'm 210 lb riding weight)
Giant TCX carbon rims with Tannus Tubeless Insert
Maxxis DHF/Dissector
Deity Carbon handlebars
BikeYoke Revive 210
Sram GX 12 speed
Sram Code RSC

I've read as much as I can on this insanely long thread. And I agree with everything you guys say... This thing is a beast but man will it tell you when you're slacking off.

Attachments

·
I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
185 Posts
So Stoked!!!!!!

Finally received my Avalanche tuned Zoch CR, w/an Avy progressive spring.
After my phenomenal Krylon application of orange paint to match my bike, i mounted it and took her for a quick 6 mile spin.
I'm glad i went this route, rather than another 11-6 (I've had a an Avy tuned RS Monarch RC3 and an 11-6 on my prior Tracer 27.5)
Another (longer, gnarlier, better) ride is scheduled tomorrow. 20201125-150310.jpg
20201125_150003.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fidlock + EXT Storia + Cascade Link

For a water bottle cage was looking at the fidlock set up . does anyone know what size fits the medium frame ?

dan
It does fit. 2019 Size M with Storia Lok v3

Althought the clearance looks limited, there is enough space for the bottle.

I just received my Cascade Link yesterday and i will test it this weekend.
Currently I am running a EXT Storia Lok v3 with a 375lbs Spring.

I will keep you guys updated about the link´s performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
People with the cascade link and a medium frame, how much did the tire to seattube clearance decreased at full compression? It is still possible to use a 62,5 mm shock? I ordered a Sb 150, and I plan to change the fox X2 for the ext storia. They can be had in 62.5 mm stroke, so Together with the cascade link that would make the rear over 160 mm of travel

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Does anyone care that the Cascade link voids the frame warranty?
For me, no. It was clear enough in my mind that I wasn’t concerned of any manufacturing defects. If I mess the frame up now it’s pilot error.

The cascade link has really given me the added leverage I’d like to have for my above average weight. I sometimes wish the bb was a tad higher but again the benefits far outweigh the cons.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sounds like a good solution for 2nd hand buyers but I’d never void a lifetime warranty.
By the way, does anyone know if a repaint would do the same? I’d really like to try something...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

1181 - 1200 of 1228 Posts