Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1230 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m in the states. I guess there is really no way of knowing an exact date. Hope it’s soon for everyone waiting. The weather is super good right now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you get that amazing wrap done?!??

My new sb150 build. This bike really is a hoot to ride where I live. I also have a 5.5.
Grip 2
Dhx2
175 dropper in a med frame size
Rsc brakes
Assegai 2.5 front
Trusty DHR 2.4 rear
SRAM XX1 axs, I love this stuff.
Xtr trail pedals
Renthal bars and stem
The yellow is a wrap I did.
Hey that wrap you had done is outstanding!

Foolishly I did not wrap my 150 when I got it and now it has severe wear marks on the top tube from my pads. I would like to find a place that will produce a coloured wrap so I can refresh the cosmetics and protect at the same time. Thinking about just a straight Teal, but your Yellow wrap does look banger!

Appreciate a supplier name or advice on how to go about doing it!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes I have...video impressions on my Instagram TV

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
185 Posts
My 1st Yeti - 2021 SB150 (Medium) - My Thoughts.

I posted this a few days ago on a FB Forum, but, thought I'd share here too.

For reference, I'm 5'9", 180lbs, and ride super rocky, steep, gnarly trails full of square edge rocks (Phoenix, AZ). I recently sold a 2018 Intense Tracer 275 w/Push 11-6 shock and custom valved Lyrik; and a 2018 Intense M16 DH bike. This Yeti SB150 is to be my one and only do-it-all bike.

For anyone wanting to get a 2021 build, but, hesitant b/c you think you NEED to spend the extra cash on a "T" level build (trying to avoid Fox's "Performance" Fork & Shock on the "C" builds), fear not, Fox's 2021 Performance suspension is no less than amazing!!! I'm truly blown away with the "entry level" suspension on my C2 build... it's stable, planted, with good/smooth mid-stroke support without being harsh, has a great pedaling platform and has all around DH inspiring characteristics.

Now, I will say that i have an Avy tuned Zoch CR coil shock coming (I ordered it before i got my bike) and if you have the extra cash, cool, go ahead and get the suspension with more tunability, but, don't feel like you have to avoid the "C" level builds b/c the Performance Fork/Shocks aren't any good... I'm so impressed with my Performance X2, i may just keep it (was going to sell it b/c i have the coil shock coming).

I think I've dialed in my suspension to what i feel is my base tune (will probably still play with the settings a click or two here and there, but, I'm delighted with my bike with the following settings).
SHOCK (Float X2 Performance): 195psi [Yeti recommended 202psi], LSC 11 clicks (from fully closed), Rebound 10 clicks (from fully closed) [Yeti recommended 12 LSC & 9 Rebound]
FORK (38 Performance): 80psi [Yeti recommended 101psi, but, I wasn't getting into the bottom half of the travel], LSC 3 clicks (from fully open), Rebound 10 clicks (from fully closed) [Yeti recommended 1 LSC & 9 Rebound].

To date, here is my 2021 SB150 C2 Build with the following upgrades:
* Ergon seat (custom paint job)
* Shimano SLX Quad piston brakes
* Invisiframe
* Crank boot covers
* OneUp bashguard & chain guide
* 30T Absolute Black Oval chainring
* Rockguardz (downtube protector)
* I9 Hydra Hubs w/Stan's Flow EX3 rims

Special shoutout to
doodooboi
&
for all their help/advice!

[email protected]: luis_salazar_j316

1.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

·
Trail Ninja
6,047 Posts
Surprised it's taking so long for this to catch on. In my experience demo'ing bikes in M and L sizes back-to-back, I've consistently found that one size felt simply more balanced and intuitive than the other in corners and on bumpy rolling terrain. Can just stay centered on the bike and let go; my control of the bike took relatively less effort on the balanced & intuitive bike. The SB150 was one bike that I clearly noted where the medium handled more effortlessly than the L. It was an exception from the norm. Almost every other bike felt more intuitive and balanced in size L, including the SB130. I had presumed that sizing-up was what you did to go faster, but that article echoed my beliefs that it was something else based on these exceptions. I just don't know how to word it to explain it clearly to others...

People have tried and failed to convince others that it's about how long the CS is, in relation to the wheelbase or front end length. My spin on it would be to relate it to how a high end sports car (designed for competitively fast track times) might choose to place its weight to get a certain weight balance, such as a mid or rear engine to get more on the rear. This contrasts the cars designed for everyday commuting that have a lot of weight up front, with the belief that it's safer for unskilled drivers. It would be akin to moving the weight of a rider back on a bike, by moving the cranks more rearward closer to the rear wheel. If the crank can't be moved back any more, can move the front wheel forward for a similar effect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does it have to remove the original rubber guard while installing the ROCKGUARDZ? I'm also intested in the carbon guard since the rubber one seems to provide weak protection.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Does it have to remove the original rubber guard while installing the ROCKGUARDZ? I'm also intested in the carbon guard since the rubber one seems to provide weak protection.
No. You apply the Rockguardz over the stock one.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1161 - 1180 of 1230 Posts