Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1228 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Ultimate Long Travel 29” wheeled bike on the planet has finally been announced and it includes room for a water bottle in the main triangle and also a lifetime warranty on the frame.

Let’s get this discussion rolling along with anything and everything about the SB150.

*****If you guys and gals haven’t already listened to the 15 minute interview with the lead designer of the SB150 and all SB bikes make sure to go to vitalmtb.com and access the review of the SB150 and below will be the audio portion of the interview. Very informative and gives lots of detail on what’s going on with the new bike design ***

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple things I noticed in the FAQ section

Coil approved !!!
Dropper has moved from 30.9 to 31.6
33% sag recommended
Fits 2.5” rear tires, likely 2.6” Maxxis WT

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MBR review on YouTube was glowing about how well the bike pedaled, basically best in class when left wide open on the X2 since you need to earn your downs with your ups

I’m 5’10” and I’m going with a size Large

Reactions: wheel-addict

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can finally select sb150 on Factory Demo site. First available 9/4. Price increased to $40 for demo.
Well worth the price to figure out sizing. Just the shorter seat tube length is such a big improvement as you can really choose how you wanna approach your bike fit and mannerisms of how the sizing Geo will affect your riding style.

The Large SB150 is almost exactly the same as my Large Sentinel and that bike is still rather poppy and manuverable despite the long wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
While he WAS impressed by how it pedaled, I couldn't find where he said anything remotely close to best in class. There are other very good peddlers in its class, even though this should be one of the best. I think he enjoyed the geometry changes more vis-a-vis the 5.5 and other Yeti's he's demoed.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
From the pictures I saw, no way that a 2.6 tire will fit in the backend. Even some large 2.5's will be questionable.

Overall though, the bike looks amazing. They really nailed this one on every single aspect. The only thing people can complain about at this point is the PF BB, but who cares? There are solutions available for those problems if you really want to solve it.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve been primarily riding 2.3”-2.4” tires in the rear and I’m perfectly fine with that volume as well as sidewall support and keeping the intended tread profile that a 28-30mm ID wheel affords.

Just having that bit extra clearance for mud and rocks is nice even without going to the big rubber

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Subscribed.

Loving my Rallon.
Looking forward to how the new Yeti rides comparatively.
Hurry up and get one Skinnybex:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Subscribed.

Loving my Rallon.
Looking forward to how the new Yeti rides comparatively.
Hurry up and get one Skinnybex
Lol, I also love my Rallon. Luckily that bike gets ridden at my home in Colombia all the time and it’s such a great all around bike.

I’ll definitely get the SB150 soon and I’ll be looking to possibly unload my Sentinel just because this new Yeti will do everything better at a more manageable weight and now with a legit warranty.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Except for maybe tire clearance??
Let’s wait for forum member Roman who I definitely know will more than likely have this bike right out of the gate confirm these questions.

If you recall the SB5 V2 also stated It fit up to a 2.5” tire but in actuality it fit all 2.6” and quite a few 2.8” tires

Roman, were all patiently waiting....lol

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Size L, xO1 race build no pedals 30.4lb with metal wheels. I just sat on one and weighed it myself. I should have a turquoise one wednesday.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Size L, xO1 race build no pedals 30.4lb with metal wheels
I can see your wheels turning buddy. I know you’ve long wanted that ideal Geo as well as having a supportive rear end along with possibly being sub 30 pounds.

This might be the ONE

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe save 250-300 grams with a set of still trustworthy carbons and lighter hubs and maybe a Kabolt and lighter saddle that doesn’t destroy the kids and your Golden.

Still built like a tank and a lifetime warranty to boot as it sound like this topic is something Yeti want to end the concerns over

·
Registered
196 Posts
Size L, xO1 race build no pedals 30.4lb with metal wheels. I just sat on one and weighed it myself. I should have a turquoise one wednesday.
Heavier than an SB6 by over a pound. Looks like they took the frame weight only specs off the website from all models? Prices shot up quite a bit as well, (Trump tariffs or Yeti? lol).

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heavier than an SB6 by over a pound. Looks like they took the frame weight only specs off the website from all models? Prices shot up quite a bit as well, (Trump tariffs or Yeti? lol).
More frame material surely which I’d take if they nail the compliance with the stiffness.....my SB100 is impressive in these regards given it’s intended purpose.

I’ve actually seen the price fluctuate on the site a few times now. It was higher at one point and then went lower. I believe any of the builds with the X2 are an upcharge

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
More frame material surely which I’d take if they nail the compliance with the stiffness.....my SB100 is impressive in these regards given it’s intended purpose.

I’ve actually seen the price fluctuate on the site a few times now. It was higher at one point and then went lower. I believe any of the builds with the X2 are an upcharge
29’er wheels are heavier than 27.5. There’s a lot of ways to get this bike under 30lb easily and still be race reliable.

XX1 cassette
Raceface next r cranks
Carbon wheels
Cushcore
Ks lev 175mm carbon dropper (a pound lighter than the transfer)
Different saddle.

I bet that puts it right at 30lb and durable enough to race with.

The geometry on the 6 is garbage compared to the new 29’ers... sorry, I said it ;)

XO1 retail is $7599, XO1 race $8599. Definitely not worth $1000 for a different cassette, brakes, and shifter. I’ll have the XO1 build and I’m swapping over my code’s and an XX1 cassette. The regular XO1 comes with 4 pot XT’s which are probably still pretty good.

1 - 20 of 1228 Posts