Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
T3 builds are best value due to Shimano drivetrain inmho.
T vs C builds are also impacted by suspension components...

Turq T3 builds are my choice ifaking a full bike purchase..

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
T3 is SRAM

Do you mean T1? That is the only one with Shimano

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm new to the forum, but as my first full suspension bike bought a SB140 at the end of January. To me it was between the C2 and T1. I took the C2 to be worth the upgrade with the brakes and wheels, but the T1 was a significant upgrade with the Shimano, suspension, and Turq frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Am really liking my #sb140. Built it up to replace my Pivot Mach 5.5. I’ve been riding a SB100 for a year and a half and really prefer to switch infinity over the dw link. I have a 100 miles on it over the past week or so and it climbs and descends very well. The SI platform is very stable without any perceived bob during climbs and flats, the bike feels almost bottomless on the descents.
INterested in your comparison with the mach 5.5. Had mine stolen last week but I absolutely love doing it. They are both rather similar in numbers. ANY pros and cons for either? IM thinking about one of these as a replacement

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ordered my SB 140 today. Whats your favorite mod/upgrade you have made? Thinking about putting a DHX2 coil on however with the suspension design for this particular bike im keen to hear people opinions first. Also how good is the FOX 36 with the new damper? Have heard good things about the new DVO forks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my SB 140 today. Whats your favorite mod/upgrade you have made? Thinking about putting a DHX2 coil on however with the suspension design for this particular bike im keen to hear people opinions first. Also how good is the FOX 36 with the new damper? Have heard good things about the new DVO forks.
Ditch the Fox and go with DVO.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Just buy a frame and choose parts you want from the get go. You’ll actually spend less and be more happy. The Frames will likely be 15-20% off when they announce new Colors in either July or August. A few online sellers muy even give you a discount now on frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
How are people doing this, as I hear it a lot, but the manufacturer's get steep discounts on components that I haven't been able to match. I get it if the presumption is over the long term and you are going to replace parts any way (i.e., buy a complete and then upgrade dropper post, wheels, and tires, etc.). But if it is once and done, I don't see it - unless you are pretty rigorous about getting last year's model or no longer produced models and last year's components, such as 2020 fox that were recently on sale.

Just buy a frame and choose parts you want from the get go. You’ll actually spend less and be more happy. The Frames will likely be 15-20% off when they announce new Colors in either July or August. A few online sellers muy even give you a discount now on frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah it was never going to be cheaper for me to buy a frame and build up in New Zealand. Even through sharp deals via the LBS. $12500 NZD for basically a similar specd bike as the T1 spec @ 10,900 NZD. Its actually cheaper to sell some parts second hand new @ 60% of the cost and upgrade from there.

Also we dont quite get the runout deals you folks get overseas and if we try it costs us a ridiculous amount to ship and we have to pay duty fees once it arrives in the country.

·
I am Walt
6,281 Posts
Am really liking my #sb140. Built it up to replace my Pivot Mach 5.5. I’ve been riding a SB100 for a year and a half and really prefer to switch infinity over the dw link. I have a 100 miles on it over the past week or so and it climbs and descends very well. The SI platform is very stable without any perceived bob during climbs and flats, the bike feels almost bottomless on the descents.
I’ll finally get to ride mine next weekend in Ponca And Leatherwood, so Ill be able to post up my review.

I typically rideXC on a SB100, so this should be quite a bit different for me.
How do you guys like your 140’s, after riding your SB100’s?

I’ve had an SB100 as my endurance XC/trail bike for the last year, and it’s the best bike I ever had. I love it. That said, I can overwhelm it on very rocky/chunky terrain, so I looked to get an SB130LR, but couldn’t find a decent deal. I ended up with an Ibis Ripmo V1, which I really like.

But I keep coming back to Yeti, and have been eyeing the 130 LR again. I had never really considered 27.5 and the 140, but am now starting to. What can you guys tell me about the 140, and how it rides vs. A. Your SB100’s, and B. 29’ers (I’ve been a 29’er guy forever, and have never ridden 27.5).

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
INterested in your comparison with the mach 5.5. Had mine stolen last week but I absolutely love doing it. They are both rather similar in numbers. ANY pros and cons for either? IM thinking about one of these as a replacement
I think the Yeti pedals better. The switch infinity is noticeably more stable. The 77 degree seat tube on the Yeti helps it climb a little better as well. On the downs, they’re both great. Also, I spec’d the Yeti with a 37 mil offset fork (Yetis recommendation) which really helps the steering. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How do you guys like your 140’s, after riding your SB100’s?

I’ve had an SB100 as my endurance XC/trail bike for the last year, and it’s the best bike I ever had. I love it. That said, I can overwhelm it on very rocky/chunky terrain, so I looked to get an SB130LR, but couldn’t find a decent deal. I ended up with an Ibis Ripmo V1, which I really like.

But I keep coming back to Yeti, and have been eyeing the 130 LR again. I had never really considered 27.5 and the 140, but am now starting to. What can you guys tell me about the 140, and how it rides vs. A. Your SB100’s, and B. 29’ers (I’ve been a 29’er guy forever, and have never ridden 27.5).

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The SB100 is a ripper. Such a fast bike on most terrain except for really steep chunk. Even then it can do it, but any long good travel bike will do it better. When I ride my 140, I have a different mindset of exploring, going anywhere and any terrain. It climbs really well (not as fast as the 100) but better than my Pivot Mach 5.5. And when I go down, I know it can handle any terrain I’m choosing to ride. It can plow through rocks. But, I will say a long travel 29er would probably do it even better because the wheel size is really suited for rolling over stuff. There is some stuff my SB100 goes over better than my SB140, and I think it’s a function of wheel size.

if I had it do over, I would get the SB130 lunch ride over the SB140 because I think the wheel size is better in most of the situations I ride.

I’m looking forward to trying a SB115 with a 130 mm travel fork. It might be my sweet spot for speed and overall trail riding.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anybody running a coil on there SB140? Interested in how a linear shock goes with the linear bike. Dont get me wrong the DPX2 is a great shock but i would love to try and unlock the bike to charge a little harder through the rough stuff. Or is the X2 a better option here to keep the progressiveness?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Anybody running a coil on there SB140? Interested in how a linear shock goes with the linear bike. Dont get me wrong the DPX2 is a great shock but i would love to try and unlock the bike to charge a little harder through the rough stuff. Or is the X2 a better option here to keep the progressiveness?
The sb140 is mildly progressive. I progressive spring helps. I run one on my sb150 and they have similar progressive %

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
coil vs. dpx2

I see many people running their sb‘s with coil
shocks and i was really thinking also change my sb140 to coil as i heared some great things about the ext storia lok damper, and i was really struggling with the rear suspension in fast rought stuff (in these situations the rear was completely overwhelmed and felt like getting locked). But as this thing coasts 1000 euros and adds some extra weight i decided to gibe the dpx2 a chance and sent it to a tuner. My sb140 feels completely different now especially in fast really rough and chunky terrain. It costed me around 250 euros (service + tuning + shipping). PS: I did the same with my fox 36 factory fork.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I see you‘re from Europe... mind sharing that contact (tuner)?

Thanks!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sure no problem. I‘ve sent it to Klausmann Suspension (Marcus Klausmann Germany). Normally i send my suspension for tuning to TF tuned, but because of covid i was concerned sending it from austria to england. Recently i was just talking with some guys from who do endure racing on santa cruz bikes and the are very excited about a german tuning company called (anyrace.de) where they had several bikes for tuning. This company charges more but they are not only changing shimstacks, oils, seals a.s.o. they are also changing and customizing valve heads for the customers special needs. So this may be another good option in europe. Hope this helps and you get your yeti going like mine 🤙

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks Johnny!
I know both (Klausmann and Anyrace) but have not had any experience with either of them... might use the winter season to give that a try...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 157 Posts