Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

3261 - 3280 of 3319 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got a wide variety of results using the various spring calculators. I am 200 geared up and use the 500# spring with the stock link and 550# spring with the Cascade link. I think given your weight the 600 would be a good start if you have the factory link.
Thanks for the comments guys. I’ve used all the available calculators. I’ll see how I go 👍🏼

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I’ve used all the available calculators. I’ll see how I go
When I purchased my Inline shock from Cane Creek directly, they were very helpful in selecting a spring. They even offered a second spring half the cost if I needed it. Contact them and provide them your riding weight and style of riding.

Sent from the singletrack...

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I purchased my Inline shock from Cane Creek directly, they were very helpful in selecting a spring. They even offered a second spring half the cost if I needed it. Contact them and provide them your riding weight and style of riding.

Sent from the singletrack...
Thanks, I might contact them for recommendations but I can't buy direct from them as I'm in Australia so it's all done through distributors.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Nothing to do with the SB130 in particular but a bit of knowledge about your favorite turquoise brand!

What’s the connection between Yeti and let’s say ... Ibis, Niner, Intense?

All these carbon frames are made by V.I.P. SPORTS CO., LTD. in Vietnam

Source:

Now you know :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeti SB130 2019 LR
Just upgraded to Ext shocks front and rear plus Cascade link. Have had a few rides on the new setup and it has improved the bike greatly. Am very happy with the new components.
Specs
Drivetrain- Sram
Brakes- Hayes Dominion A4
Wheels- Crank Brothers Synthesis E, Project 321 Hubs
Rear shock- Ext Storia V3
Fork- Ext Era
Cascade link
She's a beaut! I love my Storia and CC link too, but man that ERA's price tag... tell us how you like it since I'll be looking at the Classifieds over time for any ERAs...So far I am loving my 36 PUSH ACS coil conversion, but my next coil conversion may have to be Vorsprung's Smashpot.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Does anyone know if the 200mm Fox Transfer fits an XL frame?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Considering I have a 175mm Transfer in my medium frame... I would say yes, without a doubt!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the switch infinity on the 2021 SB130 need to be greased frequently? I can't find any videos how to go about. What does the grease port look like?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the switch infinity on the 2021 SB130 need to be greased frequently? I can't find any videos how to go about. What does the grease port look like?

No matter what year the SI is, they all need to be treated (i.e. greased) equal. Intervals can be found here

Intervals depend on your environment, bike washing habits and of course riding time. If you ride once a week but during bad weather and you also wash your bike a lot, it will need more service etc.

The grease port is a generic fitting. You could use the Park tool grease gun or a similar generic one. Regarding grease, I'd recommend going with the yeti special grease since you should use a mo2 grease and that's the easiest way to make sure you have a proper one.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 5 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
No matter what year the SI is, they all need to be treated (i.e. greased) equal. Intervals can be found here

Intervals depend on your environment, bike washing habits and of course riding time. If you ride once a week but during bad weather and you also wash your bike a lot, it will need more service etc.

The grease port is a generic fitting. You could use the Park tool grease gun or a similar generic one. Regarding grease, I'd recommend going with the yeti special grease since you should use a mo2 grease and that's the easiest way to make sure you have a proper one.

Cheers

This is exactly the information i was looking for, i looked all over the various manuals with no luck. Thank you!!

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a note, the main pivot axle can be pretty tough to get out (just did mine today) and had to hammer on it from the opposite side with a large punch (after the nut unthreaded and came out on the drive side). Can help to have the tires on and the bike on the ground for that part, then take the rear tire off to access the grease ports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey new to this thread because I ordered a 130 over the weekend. I’m gonna wrap it, assume go gloss over matte for brick?

·
방랑외국인
426 Posts
Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the "DT SWISS CUSTOM EX1700 30MM" on the TLR T1 lunch ride edition, and the "DT SWISS XM1700 30MM" on the regular T1 kit?

·
방랑외국인
426 Posts
Ex is enduro...so stronger rim

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Anyone have any real world difference between the two?

Wondering what the weight difference is, and is the extra weight worth getting the EX over the XM on a shorter travel bike like this? If its 100g, sure no problem...but are we talking more like 400g here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have any real world difference between the two?

Wondering what the weight difference is, and is the extra weight worth getting the EX over the XM on a shorter travel bike like this? If its 100g, sure no problem...but are we talking more like 400g here?
Yeah, I build wheels with those rims. I prefer the ex511 (which is the enduro rims after market name) over the xm481. I often build sets with ex511 rear and xm481 front as balance between weight and reliability.

The weight difference is only 50-60g per rim. So we are talking 120g for a set. In my eyes the weight is worth the reliability. The EX-series rims are bombproof (Gwin once won a worldcup without air in his rear tire on a EX-471, and this was prior to foam inserts).

Cheers

·
방랑외국인
426 Posts
First ride with the ‘21 SB130 TLR T1. It was a rocky, mainly downhill ride 20+ miles. The bike was great - stable yet maneuverable. In comparison to my ‘17 Trek Fuel EX 9.8, it felt firmer with less pedal bob, but didn’t feel as plush. Will have to play with the suspension settings more. Definitely longer, slacker, more stable...all the buzzwords.

I will say it felt quite a bit heavier to the Trek (29lbs), especially on the front end when trying to wheelie/manual...but 34 vs 36 fork, heavier wheel and tyre. On paper, Yeti lists the T1 at 30.1lbs and TLR T1 at 30.7lbs, no size but assuming medium.

My build is essentially the TLR T1 edition except for a DHF 2.5WT EXO front instead of the Assegai, saving 108g, plus a stem and bar that is -100g lighter. So you figure my size L should weigh ~between 30.5-31lbs right? I was curious, so my digital bathroom scale is showing 32.6lbs.

I’m a bit disappointed about the weight - I wanted to stick to around 30lbs, and went for the Yeti over the Fuel knowing it might weigh a bit more but with more stability, but it really feels quite a bit heavier.

Anyone else have a weight on size Large T1 or TLR T1 build?

3261 - 3280 of 3319 Posts