Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3316 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeti SB130 2019 LR
Just upgraded to Ext shocks front and rear plus Cascade link. Have had a few rides on the new setup and it has improved the bike greatly. Am very happy with the new components.
Specs
Drivetrain- Sram
Brakes- Hayes Dominion A4
Wheels- Crank Brothers Synthesis E, Project 321 Hubs
Rear shock- Ext Storia V3
Fork- Ext Era
Cascade link

Attachments

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Dang nice ..some bling suspension right there

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have been running a DVO diamond actually and am going to sell it. I've had issues with it and am on my second one which I still can't get to feel good for me. DVO is amazing with customer service so I can't speak poorly of them at all, but at this stage I'm just tired and bored and want to move on to something else. The Helm is without a doubt the plushest fork I've ever been on.
I agree. I have had two DVO Diamond on different bikes. The first one was absolutely amazing, the second one was great but never felt as good, and I could never dial the OTT properly without having some of the travel sucked in. DVO was great with this issue but I can't help thinking that they expanded their production to supply Giant and then Ibis between the two forks I have had. Wondering if quantity has affected quality...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just converted my rear to shock to LR by snipping the limiter/spacer, and I’m very happy with the change. I moved up to a grey (0.4) spacer and tweaked my air pressure to create a more supple initial stroke that’s still supportive further into the travel. I kept my fork at 150mm and there has been no effect on climbing. I do wish I had 170mm cranks vs. 175mm to minimize pedal strikes, but that’s a separate issue (and mostly due to my sloppy technique, ha).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you opened up the rear shock did you find the limiter/spacer attached to the top cap or was it easy to pull away and remove? I opened up the shock and was unable to separate the spacer...

·
Registered
264 Posts
When you opened up the rear shock did you find the limiter/spacer attached to the top cap or was it easy to pull away and remove? I opened up the shock and was unable to separate the spacer...
It was tucked up near the top, but slid down easily once I gently used a pick to reach where my fingers didn’t fit.

Sorry if that’s not helpful! Of the folks I know who have done the LR conversion, I haven’t heard of any where the spacer/limiter is stuck.

·
Registered
39 Posts

If you slide back the O-ring and washer-looking valve in the first image (sat inside the volume spacer) you should find a 2.5mm travel spacer like the second image. It should move freely enough, maybe use a clean, plastic tyre lever to get it moving. You might have to remove the vol spacer first to get good access. Sorry if you already knew all that, just thought it might help to be certain about the thing you are looking for (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here’s an outline of the spacers mentioned (this guy uses spacers on an SB150, but same issue on the SB130):

I did insert two 0.1mm shims/spacers when I serviced my bearings, FWIW.

I pulled apart my bike the other day to install some shims and found that I don’t think I need them. There was a very minor immeasurable gap on one side with the other side sitting flush. The frame is a 2021, not sure if anything has been tweaked to address this or not. I’ll keep an eye on it and make sure everything is holding up but I have no reason to think it won’t based on what I found.

·
방랑외국인
424 Posts
Any thoughts on the raw frame and how to keep it looking good? Any 3M or wraps you'd suggest? thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Any thoughts on the raw frame and how to keep it looking good? Any 3M or wraps you'd suggest? thanks
I used an invisiframe kit in matte finish to protect my Raw ARC and it adds a slight sheen to it compared to the unprotected frame but still looks like raw carbon.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I used this, got two rolls for $40.00, cut the pieces out myself and save a ton over one of those kits. Took about 8 hours which I did in two sessions watching football.
I bought a kit for a previous bike, never again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m about to try a CCDB in-line to replace the DPX2 on my 130LR. Does anybody have spring recommendations?
I was tossing up whether to start with a 600 or 650 VALT. I’m 240lbs geared up but I don’t have particularly gnarly trails around here so I was thinking linear would be a good starting point.

I have also been thinking about a 2021 X2 as reviewers are saying it’s close to coil-supple off the top but I’m worried that I’ll be disappointed.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cool springs gave tolerances, so to be sure you’ll need to try it out.
A 650lbs spring could even turn out to be softer than 600 due to tolerances.
One of the reasons why I chose the X2. I’ll yet have to see whether this plan works, but I’m confident.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,645 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’m about to try a CCDB in-line to replace the DPX2 on my 130LR. Does anybody have spring recommendations?
I was tossing up whether to start with a 600 or 650 VALT. I’m 240lbs geared up but I don’t have particularly gnarly trails around here so I was thinking linear would be a good starting point.

I have also been thinking about a 2021 X2 as reviewers are saying it’s close to coil-supple off the top but I’m worried that I’ll be disappointed.
I got a wide variety of results using the various spring calculators. I am 200 geared up and use the 500# spring with the stock link and 550# spring with the Cascade link. I think given your weight the 600 would be a good start if you have the factory link.

3241 - 3260 of 3316 Posts