Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3316 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The One to rule them all has arrived. This is the most well rounded bike Yeti has ever developed so let's start this discussion with everything SB130 related.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just need to figure out what size to go with, small or medium. I hate being right in the middle of the sizing chart and no dealers in my country to get a demo. I’m thinking I’ll just order a frame/fork and strip my 4.5 down for everything else since it all has maybe 250 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I just need to figure out what size to go with, small or medium. I hate being right in the middle of the sizing chart and no dealers in my country to get a demo. I’m thinking I’ll just order a frame/fork and strip my 4.5 down for everything else since it all has maybe 250 miles on it.
Measure your current reach on your 45 setup..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The sb130 comes with a 30mm ID wheel and 2.3 aggressor? Is that the optimal ID for that size tire?

Does yeti ever sell the frame with a coil shock like Evil does? That would be sweet if i can upgrade to a Push shock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
The sb130 comes with a 30mm ID wheel and 2.3 aggressor? Is that the optimal ID for that size tire?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I run that on my 45c now and like it..

·
Registered
202 Posts
I see it is the same weight and spec as the SB150. Looks the same too. Are the SB130 & SB150 just the same bike with different forks/shock/linkage? The geometry between the two isn’t that different either. Would be good to see a comparison in the future as based on weight and geo there does seems to be much benefit getting the SB130 over the SB150 if it pedals as well as they are saying.

I’ll probably end up with a SB130 though at some point.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Keen to hear the difference between 4.5 and 130, particularly climbing efficiency.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Watch the worldwide cyclery video..

·
Registered
556 Posts
Are weights on the sb130 wrong or what? XO1 race weighs identical to the sb150. XO1 race is also listed with a 170mm fork and X2 shock which is wrong

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are weights on the sb130 wrong or what? XO1 race weighs identical to the sb150. XO1 race is also listed with a 170mm fork and X2 shock which is wrong
Yeah there are some typos for sure, looks like a copy paste of the 150 on the X01 Race build, which is not right. Lists a 170 Grip2 fork as well. I'm sure they will fix it. With regard to weight, I would not expect it to be THAT much lighter than the 150. Only significant weight difference will be from the shock (DPX2 vs X2).

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
What is the weight of the frame?

Singletrack World says the frame is designed around a 130mm to 150mm fork. They say it in their video and in the print article. Interesting....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Weight of a SB130 X01 Race is 28.6lbs per Pinkbike

See here https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-yetis-sb130.html
I'm guessing that's without pedals.
On the Yeti site, they list this build at 28.9 lbs but they don't mention the size. The XO1 Race is listed at 29.8 lbs, so something doesn't seem right.
(As 123ski mentioned, looks like a 170 fork listed).

I expect this bike will be perfect for some....just not me.

It's a 29 pound bike with a 65.5 HTA.....for $$$$$$$
It looks like another downhill oriented trail bike that "climbs well for (fill in the blank)".

1 - 20 of 3316 Posts