Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Enduro with a coil is very plush FSR rear with a coil, no wonder it's less plush to you. That's a very big bike with great initial sensitivity. As you found out that doesn't always translate to speed on all terrain. I can def see why the SB130 LR is a faster bike in the terrain in the UP. There are some big jumps and stuff in the UP maybe a big bike like the Enduro might be justified, especially if you are building up confidence on the type of terrain you ride for safety, over pure speed if a rider is at a moderate skill level.

The SB130 LR can be made more progressive with the Cascade Link and the stock geo (including higher bottom bracket) with an offset bushing in the front eyelet. I will have to test whether the bushing will rotate on hard bottom outs with drops next season. So far with Blue to Single Black trail ridings it seems to stay.
The SB130 LR is a great idea for Upper Peninsula riding, even probably their enduros.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you ever sort out getting the X2 to feel more plush? I'm debating X2 vs. Coil as an upgrade to my stock DPX2 and I'm surprised to hear that the X2 doesn't feel plush.....everything I read about that shock is the opposite. Just curious. It also looks to fit easily....curious that Yeti would say otherwise.
The X2 is more plush than the DPX2. 245 psi and max spacers for an X2 on a 175lb rider is going to feel very stiff. There's something to be said for custom tunes, especially when the frame doesn't offer much ramp up at the end of its travel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a SuperDeluxe w/MegNeg for my sb130, and I'm curious how many spacers and tokens y'all have settled on (if you have one too?)

Waiting on my torque wrench set to come in...

·
Registered
12 Posts
What mounting hardware did you use to make the DB IL coil fit your SB130? I've bought one of PB B&S and want to bolt it to my bike.

Best thing I did was replace the DPX2 with a Cane Creek DB inline coil. At 90kg +. The coil has smoothed out the small chatter and softened the rougher rock gardens.

However I want more! Would an X2 give me the benefit like this coil has for small bump compliance but give more progressiveness for the bigger hits?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts