Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
My post has not been successful in "Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build".

I try it here .....

Rockshox Super Deluxe MegNeg on sb130?

People here have Cane Creek DB Coil IL and Fox X2, but I haven't read anyone talking about the Rockshox Super Deluxe MegNeg and I think it could be a good shock for the sb130.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blo...ng-term-review

....We tried the MegNeg on SB130 & SB150 bikes, and it really seemed to shine on those. “Helping” the bike into its travel and requiring less force to do so. Those bikes have such a great pedaling platform but sometimes aren’t the best in repetitive big hits or chatter. The MegNeg was able to retain the bikes pedaling performance while taking the hardness out of the braking bumps. Riders on those bikes ranged from 170lbs to 195lbs on the SB150 and our test rider wasn't super stoked when we asked to get the shock on another bike for the test. It really is that good!.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv9fIQL1JFc&t=0s

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
What about the Cane Creek DB Coil IL with their new Progressive wound spring? Seems like that might be a good set-up on the SB130/137?
No need for the progressive spring, the SB130 has enough progressivity, 12% vs 15% for the SB150. I use a 400lb SLS and weigh around 80kg ready to ride with «Factory Neutral Base Tune» and it rides like a dream!

PS: the progressive spring has been made for the linear leverage rates such as the SB6 or SB5.5

·
Registered
90 Posts
Today my 2020 Fox X2 210x55 arrived and I was surprised by the weight = 595 gr.

The 2018 Fox X2 230x60 installed in my Orbea Rallon R5 weighs 550 gr

Has anyone weighed their Fox X2 210x55?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Did not weigh the X2 but 2 other shocks in 210x55

CCDB Coil inline + SLS spring (400x2.25) = 455g

DPX2 = 426g

·
Registered
135 Posts
"....We tried the MegNeg on SB130 & SB150 bikes, and it really seemed to shine on those. “Helping” the bike into its travel and requiring less force to do so."

Not specifically MEGNEG related, but does anyone have similar feelings of being 'helped' into your rear travel going from DPX2 to the X2 or coils? I am considering an SB130 but have found it harder to get on the back wheel than I want ideally.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ive been less than impressed with the DPX on my sb130LR- have the big volume spacer in it and cant keep from blowing through the travel on relatively mellow trails (albeit at fast speeds). I have a Push 11.6 on order that should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks, cant wait!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Ive been less than impressed with the DPX on my sb130LR- have the big volume spacer in it and cant keep from blowing through the travel on relatively mellow trails (albeit at fast speeds). I have a Push 11.6 on order that should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks, cant wait!
Get ready to have your SB130 unlocked ;) You'll know what I mean on your first ride with it!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have been persisting with the coil.

I need to figure out what hardware bushings i need to order the X2.

I find the coil far superior to dpx2 in all places, but to linear for drops.
Look into progressive coil springs from cane creek and mrp...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
What about the Cane Creek DB Coil IL with their new Progressive wound spring? Seems like that might be a good set-up on the SB130/137?
This would be a very good set up. I'm currently using a Vault progressive spring on my dhx2 on a sb150

·
Registered
1 Posts
X2 on a SB130 TLR

I just ordered the 2021 SB130 TLR. I was contemplating swapping the DPX2 with an X2. I loved the X2 on my previous SB150. However, I'm concerned about compatibility. When asked, Yeti's answer was:
"You cannot run the X2 on the 130 because the can on that shock is too big to fit on the 130 frame. The shock sits fairly close to the top tube, and that X2 would be hitting the frame if you tried to put it on. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks."
Is the 2021 can's size larger than previous versions? Based on what I see on this thread, it looks like the X2 can fit on a 130, but I wouldn't want to make an expensive mistake and order something that won't fit... Thanks

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I just ordered the 2021 SB130 TLR. I was contemplating swapping the DPX2 with an X2. I loved the X2 on my previous SB150. However, I'm concerned about compatibility. When asked, Yeti's answer was:
"You cannot run the X2 on the 130 because the can on that shock is too big to fit on the 130 frame. The shock sits fairly close to the top tube, and that X2 would be hitting the frame if you tried to put it on. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks."
Is the 2021 can's size larger than previous versions? Based on what I see on this thread, it looks like the X2 can fit on a 130, but I wouldn't want to make an expensive mistake and order something that won't fit... Thanks
Im interested in this too. Would be great if someone could check :) They look similar but are slightly different. Side by side I can't see any huge air can dimensions change from last year / ive matched the diameter of the kashima shaft in the pic to try and keep scale.

Seems ok clearance with the pre 2020 shock so even if its a few mm bigger looks like it would be ok

lvj9ow7q_r1_c1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
@Karve: the diagonal position of the valving seems to make the piggyback reservoir stick out more, so I'd opt for an older model X2.

Love my PUSH on my 130 but love the STORIA EXT LOK V3 on my Capra.

Instead of the X2, how about a Jade X coil? Has an air bladder vs. IFP... Got one as a back up to my PUSH...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried a 2021 X2 yet ???
I bought a 2020 SB130 with the 2021 X2 in August.

Im currently running the X2 with 3 volume spacers (I believe thats max)
and 245psi (I weigh 175 pounds) Im also at foxs recommended clicks for this pressure.

I use this bike for enduro racing, bike park days, XC trails and jump trails.

My last bike was a Specialized enduro with a coil shock, 170mm front and rear and felt like I was over biked in Michigan (LP & UP)

I've PR'd every trail on the sb130 that I set with my specialized so I know its faster for my local terrain.

I know I have this bike setup very firm.
If I run less pressure in the shock it will bottom out frequently.

Is there anything I can do to make this bike feel more plush?

·
Registered
118 Posts

and 245psi (I weigh 175 pounds) Im also at foxs recommended clicks for this pressure.

My last bike was a Specialized enduro with a coil shock, 170mm front and rear and felt like I was over biked in Michigan (LP & UP)

I've PR'd every trail on the sb130 that I set with my specialized so I know its faster for my local terrain.

So no top tube clearance issues with the 2021 X2...good to hear. Little worried that you're bottoming out so easy though.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Did you ever sort out getting the X2 to feel more plush? I'm debating X2 vs. Coil as an upgrade to my stock DPX2 and I'm surprised to hear that the X2 doesn't feel plush.....everything I read about that shock is the opposite. Just curious. It also looks to fit easily....curious that Yeti would say otherwise.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Did you ever sort out getting the X2 to feel more plush? I'm debating X2 vs. Coil as an upgrade to my stock DPX2 and I'm surprised to hear that the X2 doesn't feel plush.....everything I read about that shock is the opposite. Just curious. It also looks to fit easily....curious that Yeti would say otherwise.
Jared Graves 130 with X2

21 - 40 of 43 Posts