Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
New Bike Day !

Yesterday was "new bike day" for me :D This thing is an amazing trail ripper. Had a couple of Pr's compared to my SB140 , up and down !! Really satisfied with my purchase.

Weight as shown is 11,9kg (Size L), I am super happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice looking build. In my mind, the 115 and 140 make a great pair.

Yesterday was "new bike day" for me :D This thing is an amazing trail ripper. Had a couple of Pr's compared to my SB140 , up and down !! Really satisfied with my purchase.

Weight as shown is 11,9kg (Size L), I am super happy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I placed my order on 10th of September and at the time estimated delivery time from European warehouse was 2-3 weeks. Today I got latest info that the date is now 14th of December. Darn... For new orders, ETA is in April.

Just wondering, is it always like this with Yeti? I had excatly same timeline with my current SB45: made an order in mid September and ETA was early October but got the bike in mid December.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I placed my order on 10th of September and at the time estimated delivery time from European warehouse was 2-3 weeks. Today I got latest info that the date is now 14th of December. Darn... For new orders, ETA is in April.

Just wondering, is it always like this with Yeti? I had excatly same timeline with my current SB45: made an order in mid September and ETA was early October but got the bike in mid December.
The ENTIRE bicycle industry is on a continual back log loop. Companies even like Shimano who will not increase production to meet demand are contributing, but most cases, it is due to high demand.

Dealer showrooms are bare and very few bicycles are out there and available. Higher end seems to be a less wait probably due to pricing, but everything outdoors to motorcycles to RVs and so much more are having issues in meeting demand. Then add in the fact that the companies that provide aftermarket parts are trying to also keep up and you are hard pressed to get virtually anything.

All thanks to a pandemic...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ENTIRE bicycle industry is on a continual back log loop. Companies even like Shimano who will not increase production to meet demand are contributing, but most cases, it is due to high demand.

Dealer showrooms are bare and very few bicycles are out there and available. Higher end seems to be a less wait probably due to pricing, but everything outdoors to motorcycles to RVs and so much more are having issues in meeting demand. Then add in the fact that the companies that provide aftermarket parts are trying to also keep up and you are hard pressed to get virtually anything.

All thanks to a pandemic...
Sure, that's recognized and understandable. But knowing that the carbon fibre factory in Asia was closed for 3 months, it's strange why Yeti boded 2-3 weeks delivery time when they must have been aware of the situation.

Well, the weather is all muddy and dark here in Finland anyway so not exactly the worst time to wait the new bike to arrive...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone converted a SB 100 to a SB 115? Which parts do I need:
- SB 115 link - where to buy?
- shock 190x45 / which brand & tune?
- possibly a new 130mm fork (currently running a 120mm on my SB100; not happy with the 52 offset; thinking of 44 offset)
Thank you for your input how well the conversion works and what is needed to convert!

Happy trails!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have the SB115 and run a PIKE 130 42 mm offset and it is fantastic. COnsidering going to a 140 MM
My frame up build is going straight to 140mm fork.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pretty sure you can but it will be pricey. There is info on it somewhere, either in the beginning of this thread or in the SB100 thread.

·
Registered
SB100
20 Posts
Pretty sure you can but it will be pricey. There is info on it somewhere, either in the beginning of this thread or in the SB100 thread.
Hi, I am also sure it can be done but I cannot find the SB115 new link as spare parts...

·
Registered
64 Posts
From the SB115 support page: "While this is technically possible, we do not recommend it. While the bikes are similar in geometry, there are significant engineering differences between the two models that make a safe conversion complicated and, possibly dangerous to the rider and detrimental to the integrity of the frame and Switch Infinity assembly if done improperly."

121 - 140 of 171 Posts