Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wouldn't the SB115 and Spur overlap too much to have both? I would be interested in hearing your comparison of the two. If you had to keep one, which? Why?

BTW, that color is sick!
They do. If you are riding steeper trails the spur for allout speed, If you are riding tight slower terrain the 115. The 115 pedals a better IMO.

·
Registered
259 Posts
They do. If you are riding steeper trails the spur for allout speed, If you are riding tight slower terrain the 115. The 115 pedals a better IMO.

I don’t get the spur craze. Single pivot flex stays, no thanks. Get the SB130 instead and build it up light. Much better pedaling platform.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don’t get the spur craze. Single pivot flex stays, no thanks. Get the SB130 instead and build it up light. Much better pedaling platform.
It is a super fun bike to ride. Not everyone's taste but if you are used to riding big slack bikes and you want a short travel fun bike and you have some steep local trails it's a good option.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Took a Large SB100 out to test the cockpit feel and a Med SB130 for the suspension/pedal feel...

The SB100 was a rocket ship (T2 build with carbon wheels) compared to the SB130 C2 build... (I was shocked at how much heavier the 130 felt compared to the 100...much more so than the numbers would indicate)

The Specialized Evo Expert felt even livelier for pedal feel/acceleration...but the Yeti was just SO MUCH more comfortable... I think that I've at least ruled out the Specialized...unfortunately, now instead of a C1 build, I'm trying to find a way to sell wifey on the need to step up to a T1 build instead....lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Took a Large SB100 out to test the cockpit feel and a Med SB130 for the suspension/pedal feel...

The SB100 was a rocket ship (T2 build with carbon wheels) compared to the SB130 C2 build... (I was shocked at how much heavier the 130 felt compared to the 100...much more so than the numbers would indicate)

The Specialized Evo Expert felt even livelier for pedal feel/acceleration...but the Yeti was just SO MUCH more comfortable... I think that I've at least ruled out the Specialized...unfortunately, now instead of a C1 build, I'm trying to find a way to sell wifey on the need to step up to a T1 build instead....lol

I own both sb100 and sb130 turq x01 builds. If I place the same wheels and tires on both bikes the Sb130 climbs damn near the same as sb100. It’s just when the trail gets tight, does the sb130 start feeling clumsy and a little slow.

I absolutely love the sb130 but my sb100 is more fun on my local trails. Building up a 115 with the idea I can sale both my 100 and 130.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi folks, anybody have any rear tire clearance issues? I’m stunned that yeti says in the FAQ section that max tire size is 2.3 (after the Line that says it has great tire clearance). I’m running my SB100 wheelset on my 115 (forekaster 2.35 on 26iw rims), but planning a 2.4 dissector on a 30iw rim, am I asking for trouble?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hi folks, anybody have any rear tire clearance issues? I’m stunned that yeti says in the FAQ section that max tire size is 2.3 (after the Line that says it has great tire clearance). I’m running my SB100 wheelset on my 115 (forekaster 2.35 on 26iw rims), but planning a 2.4 dissector on a 30iw rim, am I asking for trouble?
It's the same as the sb100. Maybe search the sb100 thread for your answer...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
I have 2.4 DHF’s on mine (sb100), no problems at all. But we don’t ride when it’s muddy here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's the same as the sb100. Maybe search the sb100 thread for your answer...

Just to be clear, The issue appears to be seatpost contact probably due to the longer stroke shock, so I don’t think Sb 100 input is useful, I believe 2.4 was max tire size for the Sb 100. It appears one difference between the 115 and 100 is a reduction in rear tire clearance. I suspect people considering this bike don’t realize that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
2.4 on my 115

So you are saying that under full compression of the rear suspension that your 2.4 tire is hitting the seat post?

Have to go let the air out of the rear shock and see how close my tire is to the seat post.

PB did their huck to flat test on a bunch of bikes with the SB115 being one of them. Hard to see because of the riders leg, but at about 1:40 the Yeti is squashed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlvbNBKWMQ

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Just to be clear, The issue appears to be seatpost contact probably due to the longer stroke shock, so I don’t think Sb 100 input is useful, I believe 2.4 was max tire size for the Sb 100. It appears one difference between the 115 and 100 is a reduction in rear tire clearance. I suspect people considering this bike don’t realize that.
Sorry I was thinking you were talking about width and not height, in regards to the seat tube contact.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So you are saying that under full compression of the rear suspension that your 2.4 tire is hitting the seat post?

Have to go let the air out of the rear shock and see how close my tire is to the seat post.

PB did their huck to flat test on a bunch of bikes with the SB115 being one of them. Hard to see because of the riders leg, but at about 1:40 the Yeti is squashed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlvbNBKWMQ
ive had no issues with current set up on 2.35 tires, but I saw a FB post reporting tire rub marks on seatpost (can’t remember tire size but thought it was 2.4 or under), just curious if anyone has seen issues before I try a new tire and rim combo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone considered putting a 120mm fork on the 115 tilting it more towards an XC rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Has anyone considered putting a 120mm fork on the 115 tilting it more towards an XC rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Was done with Sid shock and fork by a german dealer..it was on Instagram

·
Registered
259 Posts
Make it more like an SB100?

:rolleyes:

I have a 120 on mine now (build switch from previous sb100) 120 feels good, similar to the Sb 100, possibly a little twitchier. I’d personally just get an sb100 if you want to run it with a 120 fork. The 100 feels more balanced with the 120.

I will say this, The 15mm extra travel is definitely noticeable on jumps and drops. I’m extremely happy with the way the rear suspension feels. I can’t give a complete opinion until I get my 130 fork

·
Registered
254 Posts
Anyone have torque specs for the bike? I have the Yeti Owners Manual, but doesn't include specs for rear axle, etc...

101 - 120 of 169 Posts