Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Scandinavian
43 Posts
Looks nice, and with the capabilities of my SB100 this must be very good.
Is it a completely new frame or is the front the same as SB100?

Sent fra min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hard to know. It hasn't appeared on PinkBike or MTBR.com as yet so they may know more details. I only saw it when it first lobbed because I am in Australia and it's the afternoon of June 30 here already. Be interesting to find out about the background of it/why Yeti went this way and what differences there are.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Same frame as Sb100..

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yep—I may have read incorrectly, but this is the same frame with a new rocker link and shock.

So this is essentially the SB100 LR, with more travel eked out of same frame, bigger fork, and bigger brakes.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sounds like they tweaked the si link, not sure what or how, but more importantly are any of these changes adaptable to the sb100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'd like to know why it specifically says 130 fork but in geo says 120mm of travel. Also, wonder if SI is improved as that was a problem for certain. Don't generally love when a company just adds travel to a frame as seat tube is too slack etc but looks nice

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd like to know why it specifically says 130 fork but in geo says 120mm of travel. Also, wonder if SI is improved as that was a problem for certain. Don't generally love when a company just adds travel to a frame as seat tube is too slack etc but looks nice
As with most bikes you can run different lengths of fork travel. According the FAQ, This sb115 is designed for 120/130mm of travel.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The spec on the 130 version says fork travel: 120.4 - That was what my post refers to...interesting. Naturally a 120 will work too and may actually be ideal for this bike to make more XC and steeper seat tube

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds like they tweaked the si link, not sure what or how, but more importantly are any of these changes adaptable to the sb100.

My thoughts exactly. I’ve gone through the 3 stages of the SI “fixes” on my SB100. While the most recent nylock bolts have not come lose the revisions for the SB115 certainly look a lot more stout. It would be cool to see a retrofit for the SB100.

Worldwide has a nice closeup of the SB100 and SB115 SI units side by side in their initial review of the SB115.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wonder how a 140 fork would work with this frame? Would it be similar to how a 130 performs on the SB 100? I think this bike hits a big market of people who wanted a "do it all". Filling a big void where the 4.5 was prior, in my opinion. The 4.5 may not have been the best XC bike but it got the job done..

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The SI unit appears to be updated. If you go to the manual instructions, the SI stanchions are now threaded on the inside and have new mounting hardware and new torque instructiions.

This is a huge improvement imo, as someone who has the old linkage and I think this should finally fix the issue with this configuration of the SI link.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The build kit options in terms of groupsets are pretty interesting too. I know most will probably get at least a Turq T1 or above build, but the C1 build is equipped with Shimano SLX. On the SB100, the C1 build comes with SRAM GX, which is now the C2 SB115 build.

On that note, can we talk about pricing? As per the Yeti site currently (as of 9:30am pacific time), the SB100 starts at $5,099 USD for a C1 build. The SB115 starts at $4,700 for a C1 build (with SLX). If you want the "equivalent" SB115 C2 GX build to the SB100, even then it's $4,900. So for essentially the same frame, updated linkage, longer travel fork, longer shock, and the updated GX group, the new SB115 comes out $200 less than the "older" SB100.

The pricing gets a bit more blurred as you progress up the Turq builds though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody notice that the yeti website shows ride footage of the sb115 with a pike fork and what appears to be a RS superdeluxe? Are we thinking rear travel can be stretched to 120? Given that the 2021 dpx2 is available aftermarket in 190x45, could present some interesting build options.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Anybody notice that the yeti website shows ride footage of the sb115 with a pike fork and what appears to be a RS superdeluxe? Are we thinking rear travel can be stretched to 120? Given that the 2021 dpx2 is available aftermarket in 190x45, could present some interesting build options.
maybe, but the rider is a sram/rockshox ambassador so they can easily have access to modified shocks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The build kit options in terms of groupsets are pretty interesting too. I know most will probably get at least a Turq T1 or above build, but the C1 build is equipped with Shimano SLX. On the SB100, the C1 build comes with SRAM GX, which is now the C2 SB115 build.

On that note, can we talk about pricing? As per the Yeti site currently (as of 9:30am pacific time), the SB100 starts at $5,099 USD for a C1 build. The SB115 starts at $4,700 for a C1 build (with SLX). If you want the "equivalent" SB115 C2 GX build to the SB100, even then it's $4,900. So for essentially the same frame, updated linkage, longer travel fork, longer shock, and the updated GX group, the new SB115 comes out $200 less than the "older" SB100.

The pricing gets a bit more blurred as you progress up the Turq builds though.
I typically like their build options. I think the SLX build should be popular—a decent value for a good bike from a decent builder. If you compare the two C builds to offerings from Pivot, SC, Ibis, etc they are right in the mix.

We’ll see if they offer the 100 in the future—or if the 130 adopts similar build kits.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The SI unit appears to be updated. If you go to the manual instructions, the SI stanchions are now threaded on the inside and have new mounting hardware and new torque instructiions.

This is a huge improvement imo, as someone who has the old linkage and I think this should finally fix the issue with this configuration of the SI link.
I thought this was fixed the last time? Is the Tribe finally admitting there was a problem with the SB100 SI? When I complained about mine, both versions, I got crucified for being a hater and not knowing what I was doing. I sincerely hope they got rid of the issue, it was a great bike other than that. But WITH that, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts