Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The Just Riding Along podcast on Mountain Bike Radio discusses the fix and it was to take it apart, clean and re-grease. Also, you can try calling ProBikeSupply.com and talk to Mark. He mentioned Yeti already had a replacement part.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just got the fix kit from the online vendor. It consists of the new switch cover (different mold) and 4 pivot like female bolts. No instructions. Before I get started any quick insight to get this together? The bolts do not resemble anything I currently see. May need to dig deeper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got the fix kit from the online vendor. It consists of the new switch cover (different mold) and 4 pivot like female bolts. No instructions. Before I get started any quick insight to get this together? The bolts do not resemble anything I currently see. May need to dig deeper.
That doesn't sound like it's for this creaking issue on the SB100 at all!

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,171 Posts
You need to remove the 4 Torx bolts from the long nuts that held the SI and black spacers together.
Grease all metal on metal contact.
The new shorter nuts install through the SI threads facing out, allen heads in.
The Torx bolts thread into the new short nuts through the frame.
Cover snaps on.

The bikes I have installed these kits on have been quiet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This! Thank you thank you! Now it makes sense.

You need to remove the 4 Torx bolts from the long nuts that held the SI and black spacers together.
Cover snaps on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My info is that there's a set of spacers that replace the existing ones between the s/infinity stanchions..

Though greasing and tightening bearings generally fixes the issue.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just wanted to highlight this again for those that are doing the fix themselves. Initial street ride test proves to have silenced the issue. Trail test later today... The new configuration is much better in design IMHO. Silence is golden!

Cover snaps on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wondering what your creak sounds like. I'm getting little chirps under power--but nothing really when coasting downhill. Wondering if I should play with the BB or take a look at the SI.
You gots the creaks my friend :)

I experienced chirps, pops and everyrhing in between. Thought it was everyhing else on the bike.

I'll get a furthet test later today. Will report back.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.