Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man. I cant get over how much I love riding my SB100. It really is an addictive bike and the best bike ive ever ridden (and i have had a few). So bloody quick. With the launch of the SB130 LR its really made me think how cool a SB100 LR would be. Getting 115mm in the rear would be awesome. Are there any shocks that would make this possible?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
does anybody remember/know if nate hills is running a 100mm? I'm wondering if he is running something with a longer stroke on his sb100. I did a quick search on his instagram and didn't find anything

·
Registered
294 Posts
Or maybe just re-release the SB4.5 as a SB 115 to split the difference of the 100 and 130. If the the SB4.5 had a shorter seat-tube and standover height (and room for a water bottle) I would have already bought a large, and installed a reduced offset fork on it. A size large 4.5 falls exactly between a size medium 100 & 130 geometry-wise. Except for the aforementioned details...
Come on Yeti. More Downcountry please!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
does anybody remember/know if nate hills is running a 100mm? I'm wondering if he is running something with a longer stroke on his sb100. I did a quick search on his instagram and didn't find anything
I commented and he said he was running the stock length; I think RockShox did a custom one for him to match the Fox specs

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Or maybe just re-release the SB4.5 as a SB 115 to split the difference of the 100 and 130. If the the SB4.5 had a shorter seat-tube and standover height (and room for a water bottle) I would have already bought a large, and installed a reduced offset fork on it. A size large 4.5 falls exactly between a size medium 100 & 130 geometry-wise. Except for the aforementioned details...
Come on Yeti. More Downcountry please!
WTF is downcountry?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Robmac 48 you need to read more PinkBike
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/what-the-heck-is-a-down-country-bike-opinion.html

I finally just pulled the trigger on an SB100. Putting a 2.5 Maxxis Assegai on the front and moving the stock meatier DHF to the rear. Cushcore XC up front and regular cushcore in the rear, a 56t DT ratchet in the rear hub, and a Wolftooth double bottle adapter to make it DOWNCOUNTRY AF

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Robmac 48 you need to read more PinkBike
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/what-the-heck-is-a-down-country-bike-opinion.html

I finally just pulled the trigger on an SB100. Putting a 2.5 Maxxis Assegai on the front and moving the stock meatier DHF to the rear. Cushcore XC up front and regular cushcore in the rear, a 56t DT ratchet in the rear hub, and a Wolftooth double bottle adapter to make it DOWNCOUNTRY AF
The Wolftooth double bottle adapter doesn't fit...cranks don't clear it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also bought the B-Rad 3, in case I needed to shift things around for clearance purposes, and a couple of Lyzyne side-entry bottle cages. I guess I'll find out tomorrow whether or not I can make it work!

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,502 Posts
My bike is closer to this concept. 130 34 fork, 2.6 dhf up front, aggressor dd 2.5 rear, 180 rotors, 4 pot XTR brakes. Would love to engineer another 10mm to the rear shock as well, but this is pretty damn fun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only had my SB100 for a couple hundred miles and I could tell I wanted a little more up front as the rear feels so capable at speed.....130mm Fox 34 inbound next week. Pretty excited to try it out as this bike is already a blast to ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.