Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2421 - 2430 of 2430 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a deal on a Large SB100, quick parking lot spin felt okay, but now that I’m home I noticed the space I thought I had to play with seat height is actually the dropper collar. Wondering if I was too anxious to get a bike and got a bike a little too big. I’m a hair under 5’9” with 30” inseam. With the dropper slammed I have to point my toes to pedal.

There were no mediums to test anywhere in Yeti, and Santa Cruz was just too short in medium. Wondering if I should try and find a frame to swap or buy a shorter dropper. Both will cost me and it’s my fault for not being patient.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just got a deal on a Large SB100, quick parking lot spin felt okay, but now that I’m home I noticed the space I thought I had to play with seat height is actually the dropper collar. Wondering if I was too anxious to get a bike and got a bike a little too big. I’m a hair under 5’9” with 30” inseam. With the dropper slammed I have to point my toes to pedal.

There were no mediums to test anywhere in Yeti, and Santa Cruz was just too short in medium. Wondering if I should try and find a frame to swap or buy a shorter dropper. Both will cost me and it’s my fault for not being patient.
Are you saying with the dropper post all the way in, AND dropped, it’s still too big?

If the dropper is not dropped, assuming it’s a 150mm dropper, try using a smaller drop, say 125 or 100mm. Not ideal scenario...but might get you to be able to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you saying with the dropper post all the way in, AND dropped, it’s still too big?

If the dropper is not dropped, assuming it’s a 150mm dropper, try using a smaller drop, say 125 or 100mm. Not ideal scenario...but might get you to be able to ride.

slammed to the collar and the post extended. I can get my height set, but is a little more than 25mm. I might have to use a 100mm.

·
Registered
574 Posts
slammed to the collar and the post extended. I can get my height set, but is a little more than 25mm. I might have to use a 100mm.
The large is what you want. Replace the dropper with a height adjusting model such as the PNW Loam dropper.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Keep in mind, the following suggestions are just band-aids.

Shorter cranks will also help, ie, 165mm.
But you really need to determine your saddle height (maybe easiest with a rigid seatpost) first to best determine if a 125mm or 100mm will work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone tried the new sidluxe ultimate in either 190x37.5 or 190x40 sizing yet?

Is it an upgrade over the dps spec on this frame?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone converted their sb100 to sb115? Yeti has a 30mm conversion kit. I was thinking of installing this on the wife's 100. We ride alot of technical rocky trails in Grand Junction; travel is easy to use up out here.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
That's not a 100 to 115 kit.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

2421 - 2430 of 2430 Posts