607 Posts
Love it, will be selling my 575 for one of these in the future

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
My initial questions:
1) Alloy frame avail now?
2) How stiff is that rear end?
3) Is it exactly 6"? Will a 170mm fork feel unbalanced/too tall?
4) How's that suspension handle a Hammerschmidt?

·
Banned
197 Posts
MAN am I glad I just sold my 08 575 for a decent price...not because I'd buy one of these, but because the used market is going to PLUMMET for those, while everyone clamors for the newest bit of monkey motion...

Looks nice though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
As sweet as it will probably be, give a year to work on quality control and teething problems, especially things like bearing wear...after my ride today on my ASR7, I don't regret just buying it at all, especially on the closeout price from Competitive Cyclist. I got my ASR7 for $700, after which I don't think I can ever justify paying full MSRP for the new kid on the block with yet to be determined reliability.

Get a 575 when they come down and price and ride and love it till the new SB66 comes down. 1/4" or 7mm of travel difference? I can't see the 575 sticking around for more than another year or so, but if you can get new 575 for $1000 less why not? .

·
old but slow
12 Posts
Geo's are on Pinkbike.
A couple of impressions after 2 rides: rear end definitely is firm under high chain tension - like grunting over a steep pitch. Doesn't mush like a 575 under low cadence- high load situation.
Front end is much slacker feeling than a 575 and set up to descend fast, you want to stay centered over the bike more than back and it climbs fine.
Top tubes are slightly longer, fit is similar due to shorter stem.
It is awesome to ride in all situations with no propedal! Propedal 3 seems to have minimal effect on the street or trail, the links do the work.
I think that this bike is huge step forward, as big as the 575 was when it first came out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I'm stoked to see it's finally released! I was at corporate 2 weeks ago and it was definitely under closed doors! I just ordered a 575? of course, they're not offering the Super Bike in my size? WTF? I need a XS! Raaarr don't short bad ass chicks need cool bikes too??

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Thanks for the input Yeticaster - hey, how do you feel about the amount of travel - were you ever thinking you could use another half inch or anything?

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
BB seems kinda low to me? 13.35?

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
When's a 7 inch version coming out. 6" bikes are sooooo 2009.
Wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the other two Switch suspension bikes about to hit. THEN we'd gettin somewhere. ASR-7 update in 3, 2....

1 - 20 of 221 Posts