Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gorgeous frames there bushpig!!

I have never really looked into powdercoating or painting prices for bikes. How much does it run (for coating or paint)? After painting my Trek, I have really taken an interest into painting bike frames. Much cheaper and quicker than painting cars, and mistakes are more easily fixed. I am experimenting with gradient and Klein Attitude-esque styles, but my next paint job will probably be scallops or flames, since I am for familiar with those.

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
Very nice...

Looks like NOS frames now. Put some decals on and post new pictures!

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
great work! i can't wait to see them built up. i really want to see the Orange one you're talking about.

i've got 3 freshly powder coated bikes sitting here that i can't wait to show you but i'm waiting for my decals. it's been 6 months now that i've been waiting :mad: :mad: :mad:

my Ultimate will be the next one powder coated. you've inspired me to get that project rolling.

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
I wonder a thing about the 1 inch FRO, does it use a BMX size headset or a 1 inch MTB headset?

Probably wise to retire the ARC. I have many pictures on my computer of cracked ARC's.

·
artistic...
7,620 Posts
bushpig said:
Kind of a lame picture. I'll take some better ones when I take it out for a ride. Basically XTR M900 kit. Clean and simple.
my idea of how all mountain bikes should be. i like the black and white decals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.