Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My last races and a couple trophies were done on this amazing beast of a frame; 1993 Yeti ProFRO which has spent years resting on a wall in my garage.

After working with Carl Strong on a hardtail and seeing some of Spectrum's work on his site, I took it off the wall and let Spectum do their best. I fully expected them to say the frame was beyond hope and send it back but here is the result:

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Ryano42/ProFRO1.jpg

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Ryano42/ProFRO2.jpg

I set it up to crooze, the hard part finding a NON-suspension corrected fork (found an Accutrack with a too short steerer tube :cryin: ) but got a sweet one from Vicious which matches in color and fit!

Mary bars and Pauls thumbies round it out; now I am hunting for more blue anodized bits to make it go even farther back in time...Ringle stem anyone?

Many thanks to Spectrum Powderworks and YETI, another testment to their amazing durability! :thumbsup: :rockon:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
dick said:
Both working fine here.

You have to click on them.
I know how to click them ;)

I just had the page loaded for a long time before I pressed the post button... the links were still old on my page...

Here are the pics.. (if you mind, Ryano42, I will take them off)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's see...

To strip the old powder coat, repair some dings on the downtube, inspect the frame for any problems, do the CORRECT Yeti Dart scheme including the logos on the downtubes, seatstay and my name on the top tube was $400 with ship.

My ProFRO had a red stripe for some reason between the Turquiose and Yellow which was not the exact team colors.

Here's what the beast looked like in the racing config many years ago:

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Ryano42/Tyeti2.jpg

Still have the Manitou EFC but it doesn't move much! :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh...my BLUE 180 Graftons....:D Retired to above my tool box! I am too in love with them to put them back on...they are still shiny and cool looking, just pretty scraped up on the ends.

I raced those and the first Grafton clipless pedals...very scary in the first production run :eekster:

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
I think it looked better back in the day! :)

What is up with those 1800 century bars, they seem to be the new trend nowadays?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the Manitou EFC it had a slightly sloping top tube so it's close. The Viscious forks are pretty close...

The Mary bars are an experiment; I kinda like the cruiser look and feel so far. (up and down the street a few times dodging the ice) I snagged a NOS Answer ATAC stem (130/0 rise) and I am certain it won't go around the Mary's curves. :O

Hmmm OLD Salsa Ti Bar? ::D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ryano42 said:
The Mary bars are an experiment; I kinda like the cruiser look and feel so far. (up and down the street a few times dodging the ice)
Mary bars are, IMO, the best $60 you can spend on your bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.