Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a copy of the new MB magazine Switchback? Competitive Cyclist sent me the inaugural issue, it has a nice photo spread on past Yeti riders and a review of the 5. You can get the digital edition free for a year here. It's an OK mag, heavy on the California stuff, guess it's tough going more than a few feet from the office for material, LOL. It's somewhere between Dirtrag and MB Action. The editor in me couldn't help but notice a ton of typos...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, I got that too. One issue isn't enough for me to make a decision, but I do feel the void that Bicycling left when they stopped doing a MTB supplement. I may have to give this a try for a while.

I am not an editor, but I can find some good catches. I am a graphic design/page layout department for 10 hours per month. That was actually what I wanted to do full time, but I'm using it to support my chronic mountain biking habit either way.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone else get a copy of the new MB magazine Switchback? Competitive Cyclist sent me the inaugural issue, it has a nice photo spread on past Yeti riders and a review of the 5. You can get the digital edition free for a year here. It's an OK mag, heavy on the California stuff, guess it's tough going more than a few feet from the office for material, LOL. It's somewhere between Dirtrag and MB Action. The editor in me couldn't help but notice a ton of typos...
I got the "Free Digital Subscription" via Competitive also. Very nice graphic design/photography IMHO--way better than anything else I've seen. You're right about the typo's....maybe they have an opening for a copy editor ;) I like the digital edition with lots of links, etc. I haven't read all the articles yet, but content seems to be a slight notch above MBA for sure.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any mag that devotes a photo spread to past Yeti riders has to be OK in my book, LOL. Anyone know what happened to Singletrack? I used to get it at Barnes & Nobel, now I don't see it anymore. Maybe they stopped US distribution? I learned about Yeti from them, they had a review on the ASR that got my attention, I never considered anything other than Yeti after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts