Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fat City Michael
606 Posts
Very Nice!

It looks like YETI might of had some outside influences, perhaps a combo of an SE RACING Floval Flyer Looptail 24" BMX cruiser and an SE RACING OM Flyer 26" BMX frame? SE RACING also used a lot of colors like baby blue, tan and various shades of brown...

Michael-NYC

·
Registered
936 Posts
Maybe so. I think the early FMF was the first alloy bmx frame and it had that one piece chain stay/seat stay. The PK rippers and Race Incs kept that design from the FMF. Mongoose came out with a looptail after 1980. Those "looptail PK's" were notorious for breaking, mainly the seat mast, but also at the juncture of the chainstay and the piece coming off the bottom bracket. I guess since the early FROs were steel, they didn't have that problem?

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ScottyMTB said:
Maybe so. I think the early FMF was the first alloy bmx frame and it had that one piece chain stay/seat stay. The PK rippers and Race Incs kept that design from the FMF. Mongoose came out with a looptail after 1980. Those "looptail PK's" were notorious for breaking, mainly the seat mast, but also at the juncture of the chainstay and the piece coming off the bottom bracket. I guess since the early FROs were steel, they didn't have that problem?
The early FRO's nearly all cracked at those two places :)

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
Your restoration makes me almost want to restore mine. You did not happen to scan those decals before you put them on did you? I have an original 2gen yeti man flatbar no slide front to scan and a later down tube yeti pic ax pre schwinn decal. But, I really like the one on yours. Also looking for the fork and seat stay too.

·
Fat City Michael
606 Posts
ScottyMTB said:
Interesting!

Thanks!

Michael-NYC

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
bushpig said:
I forget the RAL for the gray, but it is the same one used on an Ultimate that was up on Ebay a while ago. It came out darker from my local powdercoater. It does have a slightly olive/tan hue, but subtle. Looks pretty good.

You know me, I can't say no to Mavic!
mavic! mavic! mavic! i loooove the headset!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.