Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any leaked photos yet?

·
Trail Ninja
6,047 Posts
YEET-E?

Those guys managed to make that Santa Cruz Heckler and Trek Rail even uglier... xD

Considering the timing, how Yeti is likely to build a frame around available motors and battery, and the typical brands that Yeti supports (e.g. Shimano), I'm not going to be expecting anything special. I am curious about how Yeti handles it, considering their "race bred" take on things. It'll be a challenge to carve out a niche that makes them stand out from the competition, who's also building frames around available motors and batteries. The upcoming Commencal and Privateer are on my radar. Whyte has a great design. Forestal and Specialized built around smaller motors, carving out a lightweight (sub-40 lbs) emtb market. Too many other designs out there that are solid, like the Merida eOneSixty and Canyon Spectral, which are on their 2nd gen. Just a matter of time before the US mtb brands each get into the game; Ibis and Yeti are two I'm watching for.

I wouldn't be disappointed if Yeti went single pivot, considering there's a motor (which doesn't leave room for Switch Infinity). 27.5 (non-plus) to keep CS short, w/29 front? Super boost? Water bottles inside? An alloy budget/casual model to hit a lower price point, considering the motor, battery, remote and display tack like 1750 on to the price? More progressive geo? :rolleyes:

·
Trail Ninja
6,047 Posts
Well, there's this option:

YetiParadoxKinetics.jpg

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny stuff. The first one is a Heckler and the other is just a monstrosity.
You are correct about the first one, and the real one is coming soon!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Both are photoshoped. Never seen a Yeti with Rockshox Suspension. They are tied to fox. And why should they write the Yeti logo that big on the down tube if this is a prototype?
And they forgot to obliterate the Trek head tube decal on the Instagram photo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I heard that there are delays on the production of the new Shimano motor and so bikes with the new motor are unlikely to be available until the new year...........

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Things on this might be starting to warm up soon. I'm hearing of a new e-bike dropping in a few days and this is one of the few brands that it could be. Might also be a longer legged SC as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts