Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas.....I am almost done building up my 89 yeti ultimate....it's hot. New turq powdercoat, yeti accutrax fork(pre-answer), FTW stem, bullseyes, purple everything, grafton stuff, it's gonna be hot. I know that all of the purple stuff isn't completely period correct, but I couldn't resist:)

Anyway, I need the cable ferrules. You probably know the ones I am talking about. They basically slid into the cable stops, then the cable with a normal ferrule fits into them? Am I making sense here?

Sooo, if any of you have some extras, I'd be very happy to send some paypal your way and get them in my hands. It's the only thing holding this deal up.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
donkey said:
Hey fellas.....I am almost done building up my 89 yeti ultimate....it's hot. New turq powdercoat, yeti accutrax fork(pre-answer), FTW stem, bullseyes, purple everything, grafton stuff, it's gonna be hot. I know that all of the purple stuff isn't completely period correct, but I couldn't resist:)

Anyway, I need the cable ferrules. You probably know the ones I am talking about. They basically slid into the cable stops, then the cable with a normal ferrule fits into them? Am I making sense here?

Sooo, if any of you have some extras, I'd be very happy to send some paypal your way and get them in my hands. It's the only thing holding this deal up.
Contact Pacific Coast Cycles in Oceanside, CA 760-967-4900. I'm sure they've got a bunch of those step-down ferrules.

·
Registered
80 Posts
when are you posting the pictures? I would think 4-5 different angles would do. :)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
donkey said:

BTW, what's the serial number on your Ultimate? I've got an 89 as well. Pre Accu-Trax fork...no FTW stem though...

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rumpfy said:
BTW, what's the serial number on your Ultimate? I've got an 89 as well. Pre Accu-Trax fork...no FTW stem though...
I'll have to recheck, but it is in the 320's...I think 323 or 328 if I remember correctly.

On a related note, HUGH from the SS board came over last night and brought me a set of violet grafton brakes and levers, violet answer bar, violet answer barends, and some other goodies. This thing is gonna be Saweet!

B

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Now... harder to kill.
449 Posts
Yeti collectors

Just tryin' to help a fellow Yeti-afflicted collector. I just finished upgrading my Ultimate with XTR and a bunch of red Ringle bits. I rode it this morning, and it's definitely faster with the red parts. Pics after I get around to cleaining it up.

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
415m3 said:
Just tryin' to help a fellow Yeti-afflicted collector. I just finished upgrading my Ultimate with XTR and a bunch of red Ringle bits. I rode it this morning, and it's definitely faster with the red parts. Pics after I get around to cleaining it up.
Bromley Bike co in the UK had them last thing I know. all Orig Yeti items.

Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.