Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you are all busie riding or skiing, but hey it is too quiet here.
I am going to take the 575 for ride after 3 weeks or more I rode my Bonty. It started with the wheels spokes coming loose and than the mud (wanted to keep the Yeti clean as it was returned from LBS) and had much fun but I realy missed the plushness of my Yeti. Also missed the great technical climbing ability. It is going to be a treat tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Big Peggy has been hibernating for a bit now. The last time I rode her was either the night before Thanksgiving or sometime in early December.

Between being sick (like I am now :mad: ) and the holidays and work and Hawaii and work and more work...I haven't been able to ride much the past two months. Last Friday night I rode my SS for about 50 mins. But this week I'm sick AGAIN :rolleyes: so I need to take it easy. Plus I work tonight and Saturday at REI as well.

Someone put me out of my misery.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I got it

BelaySlave said:
Big Peggy has been hibernating for a bit now. The last time I rode her was either the night before Thanksgiving or sometime in early December.

Between being sick (like I am now :mad: ) and the holidays and work and Hawaii and work and more work...I haven't been able to ride much the past two months. Last Friday night I rode my SS for about 50 mins. But this week I'm sick AGAIN :rolleyes: so I need to take it easy. Plus I work tonight and Saturday at REI as well.

Someone put me out of my misery.
Is it true that most of this board avid members come from the northern states (except AZ x 1)?.
At least that's what I remember.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is a real beauty

AZmtncycler said:
we ride year round! My two Yetis' get weekly workouts. Don't know if I have posted my '06 575 with the Z1 Light up front and Easton Havoc Wheelset. Here she is!:thumbsup:
I dig the white!. Mine is white as well but shock isn't. White-white combination is great.
Why 2 Yeti's?. Post a report on the differences of performance vs. set up.
Going to sleep as it's after midnight here and I ride tomorrow morning.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
I never miss an opportunity.....

GreenBonty said:
I dig the white!. Mine is white as well but shock isn't. White-white combination is great.
Why 2 Yeti's?. Post a report on the differences of performance vs. set up.
Going to sleep as it's after midnight here and I ride tomorrow morning.
To ride. By having two bikes if something was ever to go wrong with one, I simply pull the other out of my storage shed. I can send a shock out for rebuild... rebuild my hubs.... rebuild a fork... etc.. etc.. and not worry about getting it done quickly in order to make the deadline for the next ride. Also.... by swapping back and forth, I reduce the wear and tear of the two 50%. Sometimes a get flack from people for having two of the same bikes but after hearing my reasons for it.... they usually pipe down:p .

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
If I go more than a week I get totally out of whack! My goal is to ride at least 3 days a week this winter/spring. We actually have a winter storm watch here in Vegas starting tomorrow so that may throw a kink into my plans.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
I've been riding my Yeti a lot lately, at least once a week. For some odd reason it's been unseasonably warm in Missouri, mostly upper 50s so it's been great riding. All of my rides except one since Thanksgiving have been night rides. Makes the trails seem completely new. I did one ride with a group, one of the gals on the ride had a crappy light which bonked mid ride, so I had to stay behind her and keep my light on the trail.

Just started training for the St. Louis marathon, I'm using the Yeti to cross train on my off days. So far that is working pretty good. I run three days and ride the bike two, rest whenever. I've found that the running doesn't help the riding at all and vice versa, completely different muscles and lungs.

Had a neat experience last night I've got to share. I've started running with an iPod shuffle. Ran 5 miles last night and on the way back, just topped the last hill and Bruce Springsteen came on cranking out "Born to Run." The run ends with a half mile downhill so I was flying along in the darkness, a million stars overhead, with Bruce cranking...well, you had to be there but I can assure you it was great!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
AZmtncycler said:
we ride year round! My two Yetis' get weekly workouts. Don't know if I have posted my '06 575 with the Z1 Light up front and Easton Havoc Wheelset. Here she is!:thumbsup:
It looks awesome.... that Z1 rocks!

I haven't ridden since I got back from CR... the weather is not that cold, but it rains on and off the whole day... only on Sunday the day was nice, but I already had other plans :madman:

I hope I get to SS a bit this weekend, I might take the Yeti out, but the trails are way too muddy... perfect for the SS :D

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
I've been riding lately, but then again winter in Hong Kong really is the best time to be riding with temperature ranges between 55-70.

I'm just getting back into MTB'ing after a 3 year absence, so I'm still learing about the 575- fiddling with air pressures, trying to get used to SRAM triggers and still running flat pedals as I come off unexpectedly.

Still, the bike is immensely enjoyable! I bought it impulsively after looking at SCs and Giants for months, but I'm glad I ended up with it- I don't think that I'm missing anything with the single pivot design and the bike just looks so much nicer than the SC and Giant equivalents.

·
Adobo Lover
985 Posts
Doing some upgrades on my 575, new 07 juicy sevens, king headset. Going back to the twistys, so waiting on clearance for X0 sram shifters and an X9 rear derailleur. My trusty old hardtail is getting most of the riding right now. Plus the weather hasn't been all that great!

·
No. Just No.
5,386 Posts
GreenBonty said:
I guess you are all busie riding or skiing, but hey it is too quiet here.
I guess we should stereotype riders by the brand of bikes they ride, and surmise that Yeti riders like to ride their bikes more than they like to talk about them. Conversely, it seems that some other brands have adherents that prefer the opposite, talking about their bikes more than actually riding them. :p <flame suit being zipped up as we speak!>

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Off topic (though this seems to be a bit of a random thread anyway):

I looked closely at my top tube for the first time and finally realised what is written along it. I had simply assumed that it was a description of the suspension systemm, like "ASR Long Travel" that's on the side. I laughed when I realised it just says "FASTERFASTERFASTER":D

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
womble said:
Off topic (though this seems to be a bit of a random thread anyway):

I looked closely at my top tube for the first time and finally realised what is written along it. I had simply assumed that it was a description of the suspension systemm, like "ASR Long Travel" that's on the side. I laughed when I realised it just says "FASTERFASTERFASTER":D
You mean this small thing?? ;)

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Yep. And I finally noticed that the Yeti is wearing a blue helmet. I guess I most the time I'm sitting on the bike, I'm a bit to busy to look down at the frame ;)

I see you've got the Raw as well. I thought about getting the anodised black frame, but the Raw is so much prettier. Kind of a weird concept that... a long-travel mountain bike that looks... pretty :D

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
womble said:
Yep. And I finally noticed that the Yeti is wearing a blue helmet. I guess I most the time I'm sitting on the bike, I'm a bit to busy to look down at the frame ;)

I see you've got the Raw as well. I thought about getting the anodised black frame, but the Raw is so much prettier. Kind of a weird concept that... a long-travel mountain bike that looks... pretty :D
JEJEJEJE.. yeah I think the same way.... but wouldn't mind the black either... at the time I got it I was offered a much better price on this one than the black ano (much bigger than the "normal difference"), so I went with it...and I love it know... (the bike it replaced was silver too ;)

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
My previous bike was anodised black. It looked really good and industrial, but I wanted a change with the 575. I hope the clearcoat holds up!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
womble said:
I hope the clearcoat holds up!
So far so good... I only have a housing rub mark from the RD housing near the BB, a clear sticker solved that.... the underside of the downtube appears to manage just fine (I hope I didn't jinx myself for saying this :p )

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey AZmtncycler

AZmtncycler said:
To ride. By having two bikes if something was ever to go wrong with one, I simply pull the other out of my storage shed. I can send a shock out for rebuild... rebuild my hubs.... rebuild a fork... etc.. etc.. and not worry about getting it done quickly in order to make the deadline for the next ride. Also.... by swapping back and forth, I reduce the wear and tear of the two 50%. Sometimes a get flack from people for having two of the same bikes but after hearing my reasons for it.... they usually pipe down:p .
I knew you were riding in Arizona (is it Phoenix?) which is great for you.
On a diiferent note, the reasons you gave for two Yetis hold for a great Yeti and something else unless I missed something. Why don't you support an Arizona brand (Titus?) and have two different AM rides. I guess I can not argue with the results you are getting with two Yetis as the riding photos you share always shine.;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.