Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Damn,... I am not one for BMX but those bikes look sick! I want one!

·
GRAVITY IS GOOD
333 Posts
I think I liked their older prototype BMX frames better. There was a story on Graves in DIRT magazine (I think) a couple issues back on how he was concentrating on trying to make the olympic BMX team and it showed him on a raw frame with round tubing. Didn't really concentrate on the frame but you could see it pretty well, that was really sweet, old school look and all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
a pretty rad fact...Jared weighs every tire he gets and they vary by a few grams. he writes their weights on the sides of the tires and saves the lightest tires for the main events/races and practices on the 'heavier' tires. there was as much as a 20 gram difference between some of his rear tires, even though they were the same model.

GO GRAVZY GO!

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
fixtup said:
a pretty rad fact...Jared weighs every tire he gets and they vary by a few grams. he writes their weights on the sides of the tires and saves the lightest tires for the main events/races and practices on the 'heavier' tires. there was as much as a 20 gram difference between some of his rear tires, even though they were the same model.

GO GRAVZY GO!
Let me go weigh my 2.7 2ply super tacky tires to see which one I should use for my race run!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeti says they plan on sellling those bad boys in the fall.
I want one, the prototype with the round tubing looked sweet though but it might have been too flexy or who knows. I'm sure Graves is going to kick butt...him and Jill are gonna kill it

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
fixtup said:

GO GRAVZY GO!
Is .045 lbs really going to make that big of a difference in a race? Thats not even noticable...

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Madman133 said:
Is .045 lbs really going to make that big of a difference in a race? Thats not even noticable...
They say rotating mass = 3x static mass, so for 2 tires, that'd be like removing 0.264 lbs from the frame. And when times are separated by hundredths of a second, maybe it does matter...

·
I'M A CHEAPSKATE
306 Posts
Think about it this way. Let's say you came in second at the Olympics by two hundredths of a second. Now, you didn't use a radial laced front wheel, or weigh your tires, but the first place guy did. How many nights would you lay awake wondering if that was what had made the difference.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
You can't blame all the variables...

Wheel lacing, tire weight, aerodynamics (what if I had cut my hair), power output (what if you pedaled one more time? or used a bit less the brakes in a turn) etc etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.