Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the next frame down to two choices. Has anyone got any information on how the two compare? I just got rid of my old blur, never really liked the locked out feeling from the VPP, and the bike always seemed really 'tall'.

Any thoughts/comments from riding experience?

·
Takin'er easy
184 Posts
The ICT suspension requires a very tall bottom bracket. The Yeti ARC-5 has a low bottom bracket. BB height is a very personal measurement. Some people like the tall BB so they don't strike their pedals as easily. Others like a lower bottom bracket because with a lower center of gravity you can change directions (corner) more easily.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I narrowed down my search to the same two frames.

I wasn't able to demo the Ellsworth. The local Ellsworth dealer charged $150 to demo, which would be credited towards the purchase.

At the local yeti dealer, I was able to demo at no cost. I put the bike through it's paces and the ASR 5c is just what the doctor ordered. And in my opinion it's better looking.

No the technical answer you might have been looking for, but one man's opinion that the ASR 5c is the better option.

·
The White Jeff W
5,712 Posts
Personally I'd go with the Yeti for the slacker head angle, longer top tube and great experience I've had with my 575. But that's me. You're probably not going to find anyone in the Yeti forums steering you to the Ellsworth & vice-versa. :lol:

No replies to your post in the Ellsworth forums yet I see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.