Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come I never hear anyone talk about the Yeti bikes.....no one responds over on the Yeti board anyway.......hey - it's a light frame also..... If your interested in that sort of thing. I've never seen anyone riding a Yeti.......weird

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
Tbonius said:
How come I never hear anyone talk about the Yeti bikes.....no one responds over on the Yeti board anyway.......hey - it's a light frame also..... If your interested in that sort of thing. I've never seen anyone riding a Yeti.......weird
Yetis are very elusive creatures.......

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to grab one....

and test it I guess......should be able to build up a 21-22 lb disc bike..... I'll be the only one racing one within a 400 miles radius...and if you don't think that means anything - well your crazy.. heheheee

·
Registered
397 Posts
I test rode one...

at a local shop (the cross-country dual susp version). The geometry made me feel compressed in - kinda like sitting in the back seat of a compact auto with the seat in front slid all the way back.

On a strictly subjective note, the aesthetics of the frame didn't impress me.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
Tbonius said:
and test it I guess......should be able to build up a 21-22 lb disc bike..... I'll be the only one racing one within a 400 miles radius...and if you don't think that means anything - well your crazy.. heheheee
Thats what you think. As soon as you buy one, all of the Yeti's are going to come out of the woodwork. You'll be in a race with 27 Yetis and 2 Epics. Never fails.... :D

Seriously though, those are nice bikes. I look forward to seeing your build.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmmmmm

514Climber said:
at a local shop (the cross-country dual susp version). The geometry made me feel compressed in - kinda like sitting in the back seat of a compact auto with the seat in front slid all the way back.

On a strictly subjective note, the aesthetics of the frame didn't impress me.
Thanx for the input - The top tube is actually an inch longer than my current race bike (Epic) - so I don't think I'm going to feel cramped. I like a tight bike anyway....it works well where I race. You may be used to riding a Gary Fisher or something who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.