Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m trying to do some research on the arc ti, but info on the web (yetifan.com, mtbr.com) is sparse. Were they built by yeti themselves or outsourced like kona`s hei hei? What tubing was used (butted?) How do the ride? What did they cost? Pics would also be nice :cool:

Thanks in advance

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
built by sandvik. handle much like yeti arc hardtail (I've ridden both) except the r.brake (canti) is kinda flexy on the arc ti. (mushy brake feel)
plain gauge, but heavily ovalised downtube (& normal oval toptube)
very well made & finished (esp the dropouts). retailed for £2000 in the UK. tho cambria bike sold a few off for $1400 a few years back.

shame yeti dont still sell em, cost too much apparently..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately...

Just missed that one...The downtube and dropouts seduced me in the first place. Thanks for the info anyways guys..! I guess I`ll have to wait till the next one comes by. Did just find a nice morati fork for my seven though... :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...I know...that`s the one I just missed! It was sold the same day it was listed and that`s not a big surprise with that asking price :rolleyes: Well...as I said, another one is bound to come along some time. It`s the second time I missed a frame I really like..About a year ago I could have obtained a pristine Silk Ti for 1350$ but declined cause I just bought a seven on ebay :( Now it seems to be the most wanted bike on the planed and prices rise and rise...

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
there is only little info on yetifan.com did you check the bikeography section? info on all Yeti's?

if anybody can't find info on my site, its all there, and if its not, I have it, just email. I have every brochure and full Yeti permission to scan them.

If you can find a Yeti Ti, buy it. they are quite rare, and the people who have them are usually reluctant to sell them.

(other people say they were made by TST, who I'm told was something to do with sandvik)

Ap.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks yetifan...

I scrutinized your website previously and found some very nice pictures but little info I`m afraid. Guess I`ll write you a mail. Some scans of brochures will ease the pain of missing the mtbr frame ;) I can imagine that people are reluctant to let them go. Altough not the lightest it`s definately one of the coolest Ti frames out there...ahh those beautifull dropouts...

HT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.