Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently riding a RS Pike 140 Air U-Turn which I am thinking of putting on my Scott MC10 wound down to 130mm. I like the look of the Lyriks but can't make my mind up whether to get Air or Spring. I am a large chap at 230 pounds but have a very good fitness level.
The orange 575 with the Lyriks is a lovely machine. Could you tell me what version you have? It looks like the coil to me. Is that picture with the forks wound out to 160mm? Would love to see a side profile so I can see the geometry.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
lornibear said:
I am currently riding a RS Pike 140 Air U-Turn which I am thinking of putting on my Scott MC10 wound down to 130mm. I like the look of the Lyriks but can't make my mind up whether to get Air or Spring. I am a large chap at 230 pounds but have a very good fitness level.
The orange 575 with the Lyriks is a lovely machine. Could you tell me what version you have? It looks like the coil to me. Is that picture with the forks wound out to 160mm? Would love to see a side profile so I can see the geometry.
If I am not mistaken, AZmtncycler's is a coil lyric (most of them are black from what I have seen, and the 2 steps seem to be grey/silver)

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Yep, its a coil version

lornibear said:
I read too many reports of problems with the air versions and coils always ride better than air WRT small bump compliance. Here's a side profile but NOT wound out to 160mm ( 135-140mm will be my normal range)

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What total weight is your machine witht the Lyrics? I am pretty much running the same bike as crisillo with mostly XTR with Avid Juicy Carbons. I am just trying to estimate what weight my bike will be with the Coil Lyrics.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
I gained @ a pound with...

lornibear said:
What total weight is your machine witht the Lyrics? I am pretty much running the same bike as crisillo with mostly XTR with Avid Juicy Carbons. I am just trying to estimate what weight my bike will be with the Coil Lyrics.
the addition of the heavier fork and wheel. So.. that puts it at @31 pounds. Of course I could have gone with a lighter wheel but wanted a reaaaaalllllly stiff front end so opted for the mavic 823 with straight gauge spokes and brass nipples on a cheap Marzocchi 20mm hub.

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats more than acceptable. I must admit, I had a bit of trouble with my RP23 tonight on my 12 mile commute. By the time I got home and measured the pressure, it had dropped 50PSI from last night. It was 0 degrees but the cold should not make a considerable difference like that. I think I might have to keep an eye on it as I have heard that fox seals are not what they used to be.
I think the Lyriks might have to be bought. I will post a picture of my ride when I return from the muddy hills of Wales this weekend.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
currently running 2.6" Kinetics

joltz said:
OT: What width Nevegals are you running on you tangerine dream?
These pics show current tires being Kenda Kinetics 2.6" sticky rubber front and rear. These are NOT as big as the 2.5" Nevegal. In the past, I've used the big 2.5" Nevegal up front and 2.35" in the rear. All single ply tires with "Sticky rubber" compound running tubeless with homemade sealant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.