Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I owned an SB66 for a season that I really liked it for aggressive trail riding. I've test ridden the SB75 and the new 27.5 575. There was just something about the 575 that clicked as a complete bike. I loved it and thought that it was a huge improvement over earlier 575 models. The climbing was very good and vastly improved in technical climbs. The overall handling was excellent and the suspension was plush without being wallowy. In the end I thought it was all around a better bike than the SB75. the one area the SB was better was overall stiffness. So if you are a big rider the SB may be better for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just test rode the SB75. Switch technology is very efficient. It works with you. When you climb it is stiff. A few guys on the trail felt it was too stiff for them. I loved climbing on it even in the descend mode. Zero wallowing or bob. I wouldn't say that it absorbed the little trail chatter as well in the initial stroke. If you want butter smooth in the initial stroke, this isn't it. I hate to feel the shock moving so I thought it was great. It totally opens up when you push it downhill. Very smooth. You can tell it is a very different kind of suspension. Must ride it! Sorry, I did not ride the 575.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They discontinued the SB66 because of a new frame that is being released. You wouldn't discontinue one of the best handling frames unless your new bike was nothing short of amazing.
Surely the new frame will be released at sea otter..
Where did you find out that they discontinued the SB66. its still in their website and you can still buy SB66 in Australia. May I also know where did you find out the new frame being develop?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've had saddle time on both, and tend to agree with Scott from Go Ride. The 575 275 is a bit better of a bike, despite a pretty archaic and compromised suspension design. To me, the SB75 felt a bit unrefined and lost between the SB95 and SB66, without the best traits of either.

If I were you, I'd look elsewhere as there are much better 27.5 frames out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.