Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· E-Moderator
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually for a Yeti, it’s priced a few hundred dollars more than their other bikes. The price on this ebike doesn’t surprise me one bit and if I was in the market for an ebike, this one would easily be in the top 3!

Honestly, it’s a good looking ebike, with good travel 160mm rear, front 170mm and good geo! My only gripe would be, for me the min. battery size I’d care for is 700wh. Other then that, I bet they sell every single one of these bikes and I bet this will be one of their best sellers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,361 Posts
SuperSUV and SuperEbike ($180,800 vs $13,600 USD)
That Porsche here is $240,000US! Trouble with the car comparison is you are getting something different for your money. 300kmh top speed, 0-100 in bugger all. The bike, erm, what sort of performance boost are you getting over say S Works vs base model and so on?
Bigger, lighter battery, better build kit?

Actually that would be a pretty easy test for a website. Organise a loop with climbing and descents, and test the base model vs the top of the line and see which is quicker.

· Registered
2,361 Posts
$22,990 NZD = $16,297 USD?? Is that right?

Yep I'm not sure how to do a true comparision, but bikes tend to be quite expensive in New Zealand, and of course they fluctuate with the dollar.
I keep meaning to find out the price of a particular bike (say Specialized Enduro Comp) to see how it's crept up in price over the last ten years here, and compare that to the US retail for the same time.

· Registered
4,082 Posts
That Porsche here is $240,000US! Trouble with the car comparison is you are getting something different for your money. 300kmh top speed, 0-100 in bugger all. The bike, erm, what sort of performance boost are you getting over say S Works vs base model and so on?

Actually that would be a pretty easy test for a website. Organise a loop with climbing and descents, and test the base model vs the top of the line and see which is quicker.
On this Yeti for example there is not much difference between the top spec and the bottom spec for most riders. But for someone who is a bike snob like myself I see a performance dpx2 and slx on a $10k USD bike (which is the cheap model) and just laugh.

· Registered
4,082 Posts

Now if you are talking the difference between a lowest end mountain bike and the top of the line bike, I think the difference is more significant than cars. This is one of specialized's cheapest mountain bikes, and it is something I could not even take out on any of the same trails I normally ride and have fun. It's made for entry level only, and wouldn't last 1 ride on real gravity oriented trails.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

· Registered
332 Posts
On this Yeti for example there is not much difference between the top spec and the bottom spec for most riders. But for someone who is a bike snob like myself I see a performance dpx2 and slx on a $10k USD bike (which is the cheap model) and just laugh.
For sure. I'm not one to complain about pricing, but just want to point out that for 10k, it at least needs a Performance Elite fork. The top model should also include some XTR.

· Registered
332 Posts
Nope, sorry, Yeti doesn't get to **** all over Ebikes "we'll never build and Ebike", then turn around and expect people to fork over their hard earned dollars.

I'm guessing this comment was made within the past 5 years? Which means this comment was made while this Ebike was in the works and being tested, so it was all BS!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.