Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about having my LBS build up a rear DT 240 on the Stan’s29'er Rim. However, when my LBS called about the Rim, someone at NoTube discourages this build. Something about the dish and the DT 240 compatibility. Anyone running this combination? Any thoughts? I’m 160-170lbs and ride a Gary X-Cal. This will be mainly for racing and general cross (no drops or big hits if I can help it) but will also be shuffled with my Bonty’s Race in general use.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
I didn't know there was something special about the 240's in that respect. I want a 6-bolt rear wheel just like that for myself, one rich day. I'm also dreaming about the singlespeed rear hub, which will fit 4 or 5 cogs, plenty enough for most my riding. 10 speeds have ruled road cycling and even the Tour de France for ages, before that term started meaning 10 cogs in one row.
The singlespeed hub should offer more preferable falnge spacing, which would be my main reason, I use bulkies stuf for actual singlespeeding.

Good luck,

J

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
malcuso said:
I'm thinking about having my LBS build up a rear DT 240 on the Stan's29'er Rim. However, when my LBS called about the Rim, someone at NoTube discourages this build. Something about the dish and the DT 240 compatibility. Anyone running this combination? Any thoughts? I'm 160-170lbs and ride a Gary X-Cal. This will be mainly for racing and general cross (no drops or big hits if I can help it) but will also be shuffled with my Bonty's Race in general use.
The 240s is not much different than any other hub as far as the dish is concerned.

Some people think that a hub with a smaller flange diameter (vs a large diameter flange) creates a wheel with more dish. Only true if the wheel is laced radial or 1-cross. Little or no dishing/spoke bracing angle change with 3 or 4 cross lacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.