Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, anybody and everybody has asked this question. I weigh 235 give or take 5-10 pounds and I ride a full rigid Vassago Jabberwocky. I have some King hubs that I would like to build a nice wheelset with. I would also like to keep my rim selection under $60 per rim. What is a good rim to go with considering my weight and riding a full rigid 29er? I want something that is going to last and it also needs to be disk specific (No machined sidewalls). So give me your feedback. I will appreciate it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like the WTB Dual Duty Freeride for bigger guys. A very competent builder turned me on to these rims last year, and I have built a couple nice wheelsets with them. There are not any real good disk only rims for guys your size, unless you raise your budget to $85. Then you could snag the Flow from stans.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Well, I know you said no machine sidewalls, but I have had really good luck with the RhynoLites @250 bwt. DDFRs prob the way to go, too bad they don't make the Laserdisc FR in 29".

·
Registered
52 Posts
:D J Deane,

I have also used the WTB Dual duty on my Racer X with King Hubs. I weighed as much as290 but have gotten down to 265 and have ridden these rims for a year without any problems. I am using 32 hole hubs and rims.

Jim

·
Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
630 Posts
Halo Freedom $39ea @ Speedgoat.
I am significantly larger than you and this has been the most solid wheelset I've ever ridden for a 29er (others are Rhyno Lites, which are good and standard Delgados which are a bit flexy). They look awesome and build up real real nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.