Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
the_eleven said:
Could you share the details of your build at 24lbs?
agreed.

That's very light, esp if that's a marz fork. I think mine was very close to 27 with WB fork, king wheels, and moots everything. I had juicy's, but I don't think they're that much heavier.

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
ncj01 said:
agreed.

That's very light, esp if that's a marz fork. I think mine was very close to 27 with WB fork, king wheels, and moots everything. I had juicy's, but I don't think they're that much heavier.
Well, it does look like a rather small frame...

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the_eleven said:
Could you share the details of your build at 24lbs?
Actually now its got a BW .8 on it. That proto Marzocchi is a whole pound heavier so, as shown its 25 pounds.

Parts list:

Syncros Ti post
Flite TT saddle
Extralite headset lower assembly
King top assembly
Ritchey WCS stem ti bolts
Klein Stratum carbon bar
Titec grips
207 gram XTR shifters :)
Magura Marta SL brakes with ti and al hardware
Stans Olympic wheels 1530 grams
Nanoraptors
XTR RD
XTR cassette
XTR chain
Race Face Turbine LP compact cranks
Sugino CS III rings (115 grams)
Synchros 103 bottom bracket
Dura Ace pedals
USE skewers
BW .8 fork
XT front der.

24.07 lbs with the bottle cage and mud.

The little savings on each part are what add up. The frame weighed 5.26! Pretty impressive. Rides good, feels a bit long at first, but is a real fast bike.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Uhhh, errr....

...road pedals? That is one I haven't seen before.

Also, at first glance I thought maybe you'd scored some Boone Ti chainrings.

Cool bike,

Sean

Fillet-brazed said:
Race Face Turbine LP compact cranks
Sugino CS III rings (115 grams)
Synchros 103 bottom bracket
Dura Ace pedals

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soupboy said:
...road pedals? That is one I haven't seen before.

Also, at first glance I thought maybe you'd scored some Boone Ti chainrings.

Cool bike,

Sean
yep, road pedals. Ive been having some knee problems with my dirt pedals and with all the rain weve had I just never got it worked out so I went with what I knew worked. At sea otter it doesnt really matter anyway. Plus, I love my road shoes more than my mtb shoes AND, my road shoes are almost a full pound lighter than my Shimano M221 shoes!

Its more common than you might think in racing. Watch the pros shoes closely.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pepperagge said:
Hi!
Very nice bike you've got there :)
What size is it and how tall are you?
Any play in the seatstays or chainstays joints yet?
P
Thanks. Its a large and Im 5'9". Fits good. No play in the stays, is this a problem youve had? The pivots are sealed cartridge bearings so hopefully they'll last a while.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
No play in the stays, is this a problem youve had? The pivots are sealed cartridge bearings so hopefully they'll last a while.
I do not own a Lenz (unfortunately) and I have not heard about any problems with the Lenz Lev. It is just that the interface between the seat stays and the chain stays looks a bit skinny. I KNOW that Padre has one but I have not heard any report about how the Lenz is holding up after looong term use. I guess Miksee is the person that had it for the longest time/distance, am I right?
Don't get me wrong I am sure it is a great frame. I once took a test dide on Devins personal large Lev., and I loved it. I was just curious about durability.
Great build
P

·
Registered
137 Posts
jl said:
Pepperagge,

Since you've ridden one, here's a reminder :). It doesn't look to skinny to me... >
I do not know if it is my bad english or if you do not understand. I wrote "...It is just that the interface between the seat stays and the chain stays looks a bit skinny. " According to my rather sloppy US english that picture is of the interface between the chain stay and the seat tube, but I could have mixed up the english words for bike part. Anyway the interface on your picture is very solid, I agree. I mean that the interface further back where the ? meat the chain stays are skinny.
P

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Your english isn't bad, my reading skills are bad. I somehow changed stays, to tubes in my mind :confused:, and still my interpretation doesn't make sense...

Anyway bottom line, I probably haven't ridden it as much as MC, but I've had no problems with the bike. I've done some pretty good rides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.