Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about to pull the trigger on a Goblin, but debating what size I need. I currently ride a 20 yr old Litespeed Obed titanium frame with a RS Mag21 fork. It's an 18.5 frame(nominally), but actual measures 19 1/4 to the top of the seat clamp. It's been a real long time since I've had a new bike. The problem is that I'm a very long limbed 5' 11 1/2". 35 1/2" inseam crotch to floor in stocking feet, and I need 37 sleeves when i buy dress shirts. So what do you think would be a better fit? An 18 or 20? Oh yeah, my old bike has a 23.2 effective top tube length and is set up with a 135 stem, and due to time marching on, I'm not quite as flexible and it's starting to feel a bit long.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
just about to pull the trigger on a Goblin, but debating what size I need. I currently ride a 20 yr old Litespeed Obed titanium frame with a RS Mag21 fork. It's an 18.5 frame(nominally), but actual measures 19 1/4 to the top of the seat clamp. It's been a real long time since I've had a new bike. The problem is that I'm a very long limbed 5' 11 1/2". 35 1/2" inseam crotch to floor in stocking feet, and I need 37 sleeves when i buy dress shirts. So what do you think would be a better fit? An 18 or 20? Oh yeah, my old bike has a 23.2 effective top tube length and is set up with a 135 stem, and due to time marching on, I'm not quite as flexible and it's starting to feel a bit long.
Hey BD59,

Based on the info you've given above, I would lean toward the 18" as being the better fit. It's got a 23.75ish ETT length, which is closest to what you have right now. You'll probably need to put a slightly shorter stem on it once you've taken possession to get the fit totally dialed. You'll also need to (probably) purchase a longer seatpost, like a 410mm from Thomson. The stock 350mm post may not be long enough with your inseam.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts