Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Big Boulder, Jilm, Johnny Freeride and I did a loop up in Tahoe, starting in Truckee and ending at the Blue Coyote Barngrill, a most excellent place to polish a ride off. Good food, pretty girls and a great atmosphere. Lagunitas on tap, too. :thumbsup:

Most of us had fun. John was struggling a bit (I know that feeling), but with a few more tweakings of the route, this will become a pretty good ride. Justbob has a route here.

1) BB and Jilm on sweet, sweet singletrack.

2) Jilm whizzing by.

3) JFR making the stretch so he won't get his foot wet :skep: Reminds me of that pic of Richard Nixon's secretary :p

4) For the Steeper That It Looks Dept. (shaddup, Dawg-fu), BB pushes upward

5) BB presses on after garnering the second blood of the day in a tight turn.

fp

Attachments

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wtf?

All the pics are out of order in the previous post for me. Hopefully this will clear up, if not, it's not too hard to figure out what caption goes where.

1) Jilm gets water for the filter from a stream. There was a lake right down the trail. D'oh!

2) One gnarly-ass tree.

3) JFR navigates a tight turn.

4) Big Boulder gets ready to ride the log. The trail goes right up onto the top of this log, with a ramp going down the other side. Just beyond this is a clearing where more logs are set up with more stunts. Fun!

5) *yawn* Just another boring section of singletrack with a sleep-inducing view.

Gotta love Tahoe. :)

fp

Attachments

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple more...

1) BB on the log. In the background, you can see the other stunts.

2) JFR and his Not More Climbing??? look.

3) BB on his way.

4) JFR, out of the light and into another uphill, probably. :madman:

5) Steve cleaned up nicely. JFR examines a piece of pipe he's found. :p

fp

Attachments

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh?

kidwoo said:
Too chicken to ride the first ramp up?:D

sweet pics
Is there a ramp behind where I took the pic? I guess we both missed it. Bummer.

Oh well. Wait until you see the pics of the 5 foot drop I take off the flat rock. You'll choke, you pu$$y. :D

We'll call you next time. Thanks for stopping us and saying "hi."

fp

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Yeah it's a little skinny branch that's probably right behind you when you took that pic. It used to have a tire tread stuck on it for traction. The lumps in the foreground of said pic make it interesting to ride from that far back.

choke me

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes!

JFR said:
Not sure if it's 5 feet, but here it is...
Muhhhaahahhahhahhahha!! :thumbsup:

fp

Edit: I just measured from the floor to my handlebars- 3' 8", so that's got to be at least 5'. Maybe it's the shock compressing? ;)

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Weak...

Having time and money to escape the city's weak.

Having fun and then posting the pics and story's weak.

Making me jealous of all of you is weak. :)

Oh, yeah, I forgot, I'm working full/overtime, and am just a crybaby.

Does that mean I'm the one who's weak??

Great shots and glad you posted them.

Must satisfy the "whispering" and go ride the hills asap, keep having fun, inspiring all of us to do the same.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol

JFR said:
Not sure if I wanna do that route again, unless we do it backwards. The way we did it, it was all cimbing ;)
I can just see Dawg-fu looking at this post and shaking his head, "What a bunch of weaklings." :D

fp

·
Allways ride safe!!
294 Posts
What a helluva good ride!

Man that ride was cool! Tough, but cool. Challenging climbs ( many ), great views and some rockin downhills. If we do this one again, tell me in advance so's I can take the next day off .......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for a ll the cool photos Gary/John.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Notes on Water Filtering

Gary, the water in that spring is much colder, safer and tastier than the water you will get out of Watson Lake....yuk! 99.9% of the time the water you get from a spring or stream is gonna be better....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.