Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am not a weight weenie. Today I received my digital hanging scale so I could weigh my bike / parts. My bathroom scale told me my SC was 28.something pounds when I subtracted out my weight. On the scale at lunch today it was 27.09 with a bell and bottle cage. I am pretty happy with that! Here is the breakdown.

* Frame:____ GF Supercaliber 29
* Year/Color:____ 2007 Black/Silver
* Frame Size:____ Large
* Fork:____ REBA 100mm w/Pop-Loc
* Brakes:____ Avid Juicy 5 / 165mm Rotors
* Brake Levers:___ Avid Juicy 5
* Crankset:____ Bontrager Race GXP
* Chainrings___ Race 22, RaceFace 36 / Alloy Bolts
* Shifters:___ Sram 9.0 (pre-SRS)
* Front Derailleur:____ FSA Compact (Road)
* Rear Derailleur:____ Sram X.0 Long Cage
* Pedals:____ Time ATAC XS Titan Ti
* Stem:____ Bontrager Race Lite
* Handlebar:____ Bontrager Race Lite Big Sweep
* Seatpost:____ Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon
* Seatpost Clamp:____ Stock
* Saddle:____ Sette Race Ti
* Bottom Bracket:____ Truvativ GXP
* Cassette:____ Sram PG 990 11x32 9 Speed
* Headset:____ Cane Creek S6
* Grips:____ Pedros Lock On Cut for Grip Shift
* Front Tire:____ Bontrager Front XR 2.25
* Front Rim:____ Bontrager Mustang Disc
* Front Hub:____ Hayes SL (DT Swiss 240)
* Rear Tire:____ Bontrager Front XR 2.25
* Rear Rim:____ Bontrager Mustang Disc
* Rear Hub:____ Hayes SL (DT Swiss 240)
* Skewers:____ Bolt On Rear / Bontrager Front
* Cables/Housing:____ Stock
* Bottle Cages:____ Blue 1
* Weight:____ 27.09 lbs
:cool:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Mine got here the other day, I'm sitting back and contemplating what I want to do with some of the parts.
Your's sounds like a solid build, I want to lighten mine up a bit but I don't think I'm going to way it at all so I don't become obsesive...:nono:

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made the changes that I wanted before I got the scale. I do not plan any other changes except possilbly a Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon bar (it is not quite as wide which I want but does not have as much sweep so not sure yet). And changing the grips to road bar wrap. I did this on a different recent build and I liked that I could build it up a little thicker to match the grip shift bettter.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
What bolt on rear skewer are you using? I'm trying to get the back end of my procaliber to be stiffer. Did you notice a difference switching to a bolt on? I can get the rear tire to rub on the chainstay if I'm cranking up a hill. I've tried a different rear wheel and got the same result.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure on the skewer. Nothing special though. Price point or nashbar stock item. I never road the bike without the bolt on and I have not had any ride time this winter. The few times I did ride I did not notice any rub using the 2.25 front XR on the back.
G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.