Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I truly did.
I'm looking for a dishless 32h singlespeed cassette hub. Hopefully about 400g and 150$ US range. Any choices within those specs or in that general area?
FWIW, it'll probably be done up to a Delgado 29 rim with a Surly new disc front hub.

Thanks a bunch

fm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
xrmattaz said:
Your question has peaked my curiosity for some reason......

IS there such an animal? I can't imagine a "dishless" wheelbuild utilizing a cassette hub for the life of me.
Every singlespeed cassette hub on the market builds a dishless or near dishless wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shiggy said:
Every singlespeed cassette hub on the market
Yes, indeed. Now why can I not find any good ones?
Recommendations?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
When I searched "cassette hubs" on only this board (use advanced search) I got 200 threads back. Not all applied but this basic subject has been discussed many times over many months.
 

·
Retro Grouch
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Pay your money and take your choice..

fish man said:
I truly did.
I'm looking for a dishless 32h singlespeed cassette hub. Hopefully about 400g and 150$ US range. Any choices within those specs or in that general area?
FWIW, it'll probably be done up to a Delgado 29 rim with a Surly new disc front hub.

Thanks a bunch

fm
American Classic 200 gm $225
Novatec (w/woodman QR axle) 640gm $30-100
Woodman 460gm $165
Bontrager 430gm $ 80
King 418gm $375
Hadley 458gm $285
DT (centerlock) 300gm $245

Shimano XT (centerlock) 369gm $ 70
Shimano XT (6 bolt) 435gm $ 70

SS hubs are all bling; form over function. I chose the Novatec last time ; my next hub is an XT and remember you can find an XT wheelset anywhere.

1G1G, Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aka brad said:
Novatec (w/woodman QR axle) 640gm $30-100
Woodman 460gm $165
Bontrager 430gm $ 80
King 418gm $375
Hadley 458gm $285
DT (centerlock) 300gm $245

Shimano XT (centerlock) 369gm $ 70
Shimano XT (6 bolt) 435gm $ 70

SS hubs are all bling; form over function. I chose the Novatec; my next hub is an XT and remember you can find an XT wheelset anywhere.

1G1G, Brad
Thanks!
I've been searching through search results for almost an hour and I haven't really found anything...:madman:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah screw it maybe I'll just splurge and do the Hopes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cdad_martinez said:
Do not I repeat, do not buy American Classic SS hubs. Spend $45 more dollars and get DT's.
Duly noted, thanks for the pointer.

fm
 

·
Retro Grouch
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Best looking of the lot..

cdad_martinez said:
Do not I repeat, do not buy American Classic SS hubs. Spend $45 more dollars and get DT's.
What's the problem with these hubs? They sure look good :confused: ; light and well priced.

1G1G, Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aka brad said:
What's the problem with these hubs? They sure look good :confused: ; light and well priced.

1G1G, Brad
I've read that they've had some pretty nasty durability issues
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top