Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pivoteer
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday we hit Viejo. I just love this run, it is short but steep and chunky. The last section was super loose this time out. I have ridden it several times in the past few weeks, and it has never felt as loose and sketchy as it did Saturday. I had to walk all the way back up to the top so I could give it another go.

[URL=http://vimeo.com/2720337]Viejo 01/03/09 from Tisser on Vimeo.[/URL]

·
Huh?
848 Posts
I've come to realize after watching and now making some short vids of my own how hard it is to show how steep or technical a trail is. The only indication that the trail is steep is the riders body position off the back of the bike. Even filming another rider riding a technical section of trail rarely shows just how hard the trail is. Everything always looks easier on the video when I'm back home watching it on the computer.

Nice vids by the way. Those cacti look dangerous:eek:

·
Pivoteer
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aixelsyd said:
I've come to realize after watching and now making some short vids of my own how hard it is to show how steep or technical a trail is. The only indication that the trail is steep is the riders body position off the back of the bike. Even filming another rider riding a technical section of trail rarely shows just how hard the trail is. Everything always looks easier on the video when I'm back home watching it on the computer.

Nice vids by the way. Those cacti look dangerous:eek:
Funny you say that. I have been playing with different angles, locations, and everything i can think of. Nothing really shows what is going on. For example, I watch videos of Upper Bodybag all the time, it just doesn't look that bad, unitl you try it.

My next few videos will be playing with different perspectives on the bike.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Chunkeriffic!! I loved the Old Man when I was there last year this time. Nice work. Despite the flatness of the video it is plenty steep..... and plenty chunky. Yumm.

There's an awkward techy spot on the lateral traverse down about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way that I never quite cleaned. Didn't see it in this vid. It looks like the last vid you posted with Naked1 from Viejo may have stopped right at it.... Kinda up over a boulder on a steep side hill with a drop down into a hole on the other side then a quick roll up unto another off-camber boulder (?). Am I remembering that right? Anyone clean that?

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
great vid and terrain tisser!
hope you keep coming these vids during the next season... :D

how do you like the vio pov so far?
i am lusting for that thing for some time now and have been told that it is possible that one of them will show up on my 30th bday. ;)

cheers

·
Pivoteer
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hball said:
great vid and terrain tisser!
hope you keep coming these vids during the next season... :D

how do you like the vio pov so far?
i am lusting for that thing for some time now and have been told that it is possible that one of them will show up on my 30th bday. ;)

cheers
I really like the POV. It seems durable, very well built, and the video quality is great. VIO now has a firmware update that will allow you to run up to an 8GB sdcard. This is good for 335 minutes of video at the highest quality.

The mounts that are supplied are adequate, though VIO offers some aftermarket mounts which might work better. I have used the POV for every ride since i got it. Lots of fun.

·
Pivoteer
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KRob said:
There's an awkward techy spot on the lateral traverse down about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way that I never quite cleaned. Didn't see it in this vid. It looks like the last vid you posted with Naked1 from Viejo may have stopped right at it.... Kinda up over a boulder on a steep side hill with a drop down into a hole on the other side then a quick roll up unto another off-camber boulder (?). Am I remembering that right? Anyone clean that?
I have only seen one person try it, and it didn't work out well for him. He fell right and really got hurt badly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.